More information for Bravus II 10D Powered Subwoofer
So how can lows give you a true high? By pumping out bass with quick reflexes and thundering power. We got to third base with our drivers—a single active down-firing 10-inch driver and double 10-inch side-firing passive radiators on the sides—then pushed up the power to 500 watts. Home run! Muscular, defined bass that gives your movies and music even more gut-wrenching impact.
We’ve upgraded our legendary line of Bravus II subwoofers in other ways too, to make the linchpin of your home theater system better still. "What can we add?" we asked ourselves. We finally realized we had the math all wrong: We needed to subtract. That way you’d get subwoofers that are radically simpler to install and configure, even more complimentary to your décor and so price-competitive your piggy bank will squeal with delight. So we took away the advanced features that you’re probably not using anyway—remote control, display bezel and onboard EQ configuration.
We figured you can use your receiver to customize the subwoofer’s sound right down to the nuts and bolts, so you don’t need to dole out the dollars for pricey fine-tuning features on the subwoofers. What’s left? The good stuff. A deep, musical bottom that serves as the bedrock for a mountain of sound. Minimalist presence that’s more about handsome looks than chewing up space. More power where we could work it in. And the potential to be cited for violation of local noise ordinances if you take the Bravus II to the limits.
You can also make the 10D wireless by pairing it up with the new Aperion Home Audio Link!
Key Features include:
- Single down-firing active 10" aluminum driver
- Dual side-firing 10" aluminum passive radiators
- 500 watt amplifier
- USB power jack for easy wireless connection
- Small internally braced 1" HDF sealed enclosure
- Virtually vibration-free cabinet
- Ten year warranty (two years on the amplifier)
- FREE SHIPPING - a $40 value*
- FREE lifetime technical support
All that plus a timeless design that seamlessly integrates with your décor.
Bravus by Aperion – subwoofers designed from the ground up for maximum performance, sonic quality and value.
Customer Reviews For Bravus II 10D Powered Subwoofer
- Very Good Subwoofer for 17 x 20 basement home theater Gary R.
- I have a 5.1 basement/family room home theater using 3 6-LCR speakers up front, 2 L6-IW speakers in the rear, and a Bravus 10D subwoofer - all powered by an Onkyo 707 receiver. Movies are projected by an Epson 8350 onto a 110" Elite screen. The Aperion speakers and subwoofer work together to make an excellent cinema sound system. Installation was very easy and the look of Aperion's in-wall speakers is clean. Sound quality is very good at all volume levels with no discernible distortion. Dialog is crisp. Special effects are nicely enhanced with the Bravus IIa 10D subwoofer. I would highly recommend this set-up. I was curious whether the 10D sub would do the job for my carpeted room. Although the home-theater space is 18 (front to back) by 20 (side-to-side), it has no left wall (as I face the screen), rather it is open to a bar and pool table area. I placed the sub in the front-right corner so that it would have two walls from which to reflect. It sounds great. In fact, I don't even need to crank it up all the way in order to fill the room with earth-shaking vibrations during selected movie scenes.
I've evaluated 8, 10, 12, 15 and dual subs from several vendors in my space, and have determined that the Bravus IIa 10D's are the right fit for the right type of sound. Anything larger is just too much - unless you happen to like that overly exaggerated type of sound. Aperion's 30-day return privilege, 10-year warranty, lifetime support, and on-line audio reviews convinced me to give this company's products a try. I'm glad I did. Aperion provides tremendous value for a quality product.
Pro Reviews For Bravus II 10D Powered Subwoofer
- Home Theater Review of the Bravus IIa 10D
- "For $799 direct, the Bravus II 10D from Aperion Audio is one of my favorite subwoofers under a grand that is currently available today. When you throw in the fact that the Bravus II 10D, like all Aperion Audio products, comes standard with free shipping and a 30-day, in-home trial backed by a money back guarantee - you quickly see why I have no qualms about recommending the Bravus II 10D to any two channel or home theater enthusiast."
- Andrew Robinson, Audioholics.com, July 2011
Read Full Review
- SoundStageXperience.com Reviews Aperion Intimus 5T Tower Speakers
- "Aperion is just as interested in providing quality service as it is in making money."
"My friends, none of whom are audiophiles, were floored by how good each album sounded. What was most surprising for me was just how well the 5Ts and the 10D handled higher volumes. Even at a volume that likely rivaled that of my drums, I couldn't discern any deterioration of sound quality. My experience with high-quality audio gear is rather limited and my ears are untrained, so I don't have the lexicon to give a totally adequate description of just how the system sounds, but I guess if I had to use one word it would be solid."
"There's definitely something very special and satisfying about hearing an album you've listened to hundreds or even thousands of times as though it were the first time you'd ever put it on."
- Andrew Jones, SoundStageXperience.com, December 2010
Read Full Review
Single Active & Dual 10" Passive High-Excursion Custom Aluminum Drivers
We designed Bravus with dual custom aluminum drivers for efficient high-performance. One part rigid precision, one part low bass extension - shake well with a healthy helping of linearity, and you're left with three drivers to take your music and movies to new depths. Aluminum offers the perfect blend of strength and mass to keep the class D digital amp operating efficiently. Couple this with a heavy duty rubber surround and a precision motor structure and you get bass that is deep and linear. To make things even better, we packed three drivers in a small gorgeous enclosure so your Bravus 10" sub offers the performance of a larger sub but takes up less space.
500 Watt Digital Power Amplifier
All of the Bravus II subwoofers use an efficient high power class D amplifier with a high current switching power supply. This allows maximum performance output and deep bass authority while maintaining the musical accuracy and detail you expect from Aperion Audio.
Detachable Power Cord w/ Switchable Voltage
We make it easy to upgrade your cord or take your subwoofer on the road. No matter if you're in Los Angeles or Lisbon, you can easily switch between 110V and 220V power. Just plug in the correct cord, switch the voltage and enjoy. One caveat, though -- We're not responsible for international noise ordinances, so tread carefully and bring bribe money.
Line Level Inputs
Every Aperion subwoofer comes standard with an LFE line level input that connects to any receiver’s subwoofer pre-out. Or, if you don't have a sub-out connection, use the left and right low level inputs with the low level outputs from your pre-amp or receiver.
High Level Inputs
Hook your new subwoofer up to any receiver or amplifier! If you don’t have a sub-out connection on your receiver, you can use the left and right speaker outputs to make setup a snap.
Small Internally Braced 1" HDF Sealed Enclosure
Powerful bass needs a sturdy cabinet. Every Bravus II 10D subwoofer is built out of strong 1" HDF and internally braced to reduce cabinet vibration to nearly nothing.
Timeless Design & Furniture-Grade Finish
Each of our Bravus subwoofers features a timeless design aesthetic and is beautifully finished in high gloss piano black, allowing them to effortlessly blend into your decor. This first-rate cabinetry unites the acoustic qualities of only the most expensive subwoofers with a furniture-grade finish so handsome your coffee table will be jealous.
Leveling Floor Spikes and Footers
Included with each Bravus subwoofer is a set of metal floor spikes with footers and a set of rubber feet. Use the metal spikes on carpet for tighter bass by decoupling the sub from the floor. If you have hard floors, use the footers with your metal spikes or use the included rubber feet to improve bass response and protect your surfaces from scratches or dents.
Acoustically Transparent Grille
Nothing stands between you and your sound. We designed a sonically invisible grille that not only looks great, but also protects your precious woofers from curious fingers, claws or snouts.
|With Wireless Card||Satin Black|
|Frequency Response||(- 3dB) 27Hz - 180Hz (- 6dB) 25Hz - 200Hz|
|Amplifier Power||500W RMS|
|Woofer||10", High-excursion Aluminum Driver with Dual 10” Passive Radiators|
|Driver Configuration||One Active & Two Passive|
|Enclosure Type||Sealed and Internally Braced 1" HDF|
|Dimensions||15"H x 13.5" W x 13.5" D (with feet attached)|
You might also like:
- Get ready to rumble! If you've got a large room and a yen to pack it with sound so aggressive you push the walls out, bigger is better. We've bumped up the power on the 12D to 650 watts to make that happen. For the Big Daddy, we added a 12-inch aluminum down-firing driver to a pair of 12-inch aluminum side-firing passive radiators.
- With a box just over 12 inches on a side, the 8D looks like a lightweight. That's why the amount of bass this tough little subwoofer puts out is almost criminal. The key? A tour de force consisting of 300 watts of power, a single active down-firing 8-inch driver and twin 8-inch side-firing passive radiators on the sides.
- Now your budget doesn't need to stand in the way of room-shaking bass. The Bravus 8A packs the same acoustic and build quality of our Bravus line into a subwoofer that sounds fantastic at a great price. An 8" aluminum cone driver and 100 watts of power will give your movies and music that visceral punch that only great home theater can deliver.