More information for Bravus II 12D Powered Subwoofer
Get ready to rumble! If you’ve got a large room and a yen to pack it with sound so aggressive you push the walls out, bigger is better. We’ve bumped up the power on the 12D to 650 watts to make that happen. For the Big Daddy, we added a 12-inch aluminum down-firing driver to a pair of 12-inch aluminum side-firing passive radiators. The result? Explosive bass that makes the room quake.
We’ve upgraded our legendary line of Bravus II subwoofers in other ways too, to make the linchpin of your home theater system better still. "What can we add?" we asked ourselves. We finally realized we had the math all wrong: We needed to subtract. That way you’d get subwoofers that are radically simpler to install and configure, even more complimentary to your décor and so price-competitive your piggy bank will squeal with delight.
So we took away the advanced features that you’re probably not using anyway—remote control, display bezel and onboard EQ configuration. We figured you can use your receiver to customize the subwoofer’s sound right down to the nuts and bolts, so you don’t need to dole out the dollars for pricey fine-tuning features on the subwoofers.
What’s left? The good stuff. A deep, musical bottom that serves as the bedrock for a mountain of sound. Minimalist presence that’s more about handsome looks than chewing up space. More power where we could work it in. And the potential to be cited for violation of local noise ordinances if you take the Bravus II to the limits.
You can also make the 12D wireless by pairing it up with the new Aperion Home Audio Link!
Key Features include:
- Single down-firing active 12" aluminum driver
- Dual side-firing 12" aluminum passive radiators
- 650 watt Class D amplifier
- USB power jack for easy wireless connection
- Internally braced 1" HDF sealed enclosure
- Virtually vibration-free cabinet
- Ten year warranty (two years on the amplifier)
- FREE SHIPPING - a $40 value*
- FREE lifetime technical support
All that plus a timeless design that seamlessly integrates with your décor.
Bravus by Aperion – subwoofers designed from the ground up for maximum performance, sonic quality and value
User Reviews For Bravus II 12D Powered SubwooferWe're sorry, we don't have any reviews for this product yet
Pro Reviews For Bravus II 12D Powered Subwoofer
- Audioholics reviews the Bravus II 12D Subwoofer
- “Sonically the 12D performs. Aesthetically in my opinion it is hands down the best looking subwoofer I have seen for under $1,000. The gloss piano black finish is beautiful, the dual recessed grilles give a symmetric appearance and the Aperion badging is classy. If there were a rating for spousal acceptance the 12D would get the top marks easily.”
"At $899 delivered the Aperion Bravus II 12D is very reasonably priced, but not the cheapest subwoofer around. It is small, but not the smallest, not the loudest, or the deepest extending subwoofer around either, but what it does offer is a compelling mix of size, looks, output and price, not found in this particular combination very often. Aperion has produced a real contender in the small sub market. Highly recommended."
- Josh Ricci, Audioholics.com, November 2012
Read the full review
Single Active & Dual 12" Passive High-Excursion Custom Aluminum Drivers
We designed Bravus with three custom aluminum drivers for efficient high-performance. One part rigid precision, one part low bass extension - shake well with a healthy helping of linearity, and you're left with three drivers to take your music and movies to new depths. Aluminum offers the perfect blend of strength and mass to keep the Class D digital amp operating efficiently. Couple this with a heavy duty rubber surround and a precision motor structure and you get bass that is deep and linear. To make things even better, we packed three drivers in a small gorgeous enclosure so your Bravus 12" sub offers the performance of a larger sub but takes up less space.
650 Watt Class D Amplifier
All of the Bravus II subwoofers use an efficient high power class D amplifier with a high current switching power supply. This allows maximum performance output and deep bass authority while maintaining the musical accuracy and detail you expect from Aperion Audio.
Detachable Power Cord w/ Switchable Voltage
We make it easy to upgrade your cord or take your subwoofer on the road. No matter if you're in Los Angeles or Lisbon, you can easily switch between 110V and 220V power. Just plug in the correct cord, switch the voltage and enjoy. One caveat, though -- We're not responsible for international noise ordinances, so tread carefully and bring bribe money.
Line Level Inputs
Every Aperion subwoofer comes standard with an LFE line level input that connects to any receiver’s subwoofer pre-out. Or, if you don't have a sub-out connection, use the left and right low level inputs with the low level outputs from your pre-amp or receiver.
High Level Inputs
Hook your new subwoofer up to any receiver or amplifier! If you don’t have a sub-out connection on your receiver, you can use the left and right speaker outputs to make setup a snap.
Internally Braced 1" HDF Sealed Enclosure
Powerful bass needs a sturdy cabinet. Every Bravus 12D subwoofer is built out of strong 1" HDF and internally braced to reduce cabinet vibration to nearly nothing.
Timeless Design & Furniture-Grade Finish
Each of our Bravus subwoofers features a timeless design aesthetic and is beautifully finished in high gloss piano black lacquer, allowing them to effortlessly blend into your decor. This first-rate cabinetry unites the acoustic qualities of only the most expensive subwoofers with a furniture-grade finish so handsome your coffee table will be jealous.
Leveling Floor Spikes and Footers
Included with each Bravus subwoofer is a set of metal floor spikes with footers and a set of rubber feet. Use the metal spikes on carpet for tighter bass by decoupling the sub from the floor. If you have hard floors, use the footers with your metal spikes or use the included rubber feet to improve bass response and protect your surfaces from scratches or dents.
Acoustically Transparent Grille
Nothing stands between you and your sound. We designed a sonically invisible grille that not only looks great, but also protects your precious woofers from curious fingers, claws or snouts.
|Frequency Response||-3dB, 23Hz - 200Hz -- -6dB, 19Hz - 200Hz|
|Amplifier Power||650W RMS|
|Woofer||12" High-Excursion Aluminum Driver with Dual 12” Passive Radiators|
|Driver Configuration||Single Active, Dual Passive|
|Enclosure Type||Sealed and Internally Braced 1" HDF|
|Dimensions||17" H x 15.5" W x 15.5" D (with feet attached)|
You might also like:
- With a box just over 12 inches on a side, the 8D looks like a lightweight. That's why the amount of bass this tough little subwoofer puts out is almost criminal. The key? A tour de force consisting of 300 watts of power, a single active down-firing 8-inch driver and twin 8-inch side-firing passive radiators on the sides.
- Now your budget doesn't need to stand in the way of room-shaking bass. The Bravus 8A packs the same acoustic and build quality of our Bravus line into a subwoofer that sounds fantastic at a great price. An 8" aluminum cone driver and 100 watts of power will give your movies and music that visceral punch that only great home theater can deliver.
- Given the model number, it’s no surprise this subwoofer is a perfect 10, with the goods to deliver the lower end of the spectrum in solid style. The 10D combines a solo active down-firing 10-inch driver and a duo of 10-inch side-firing passive radiators, then fires them up with 500 potent watts.