More information for NEW! Intimus 5C Center Channel Speaker
A kiss is just a kiss, a sigh is just a sigh—but you ought to be able to tell them apart. That’s the center channel’s job: to make sure you hear every nuance at the heart of your movie. Otherwise Casablanca is just another white house.
The Intimus 5C Center Channel ensures dialog and sound effects so clear, every location in your room becomes a sweet spot. How do we do it? By pairing our audiophile-grade silk-dome tweeter with our custom-designed 4” woven mid-woofer in a vertical array. The 5.25” woofers take a break from higher frequencies and the 5C takes a bow for innately authentic sound.
We finished our precision-fit wood cabinetry in hand-polished Gloss Black lacquer as shiny as Sam’s piano. And with the combination of exquisite sound and exceptional looks, the Intimus 5C gives you value that the usual suspects can’t come close to matching.
- 5.25" Woven fiberglass mid-woofer delivers excellent bass response
- 4" Woven-fiberglass mid-woofer offers lush midrange sound
- Hand-polished Gloss Black lacquer finish
- 1" custom designed silk-dome tweeter for smooth, clearly defined highs at even the highest volume levels
- Vertical array design improves off-axis performance
- Contoured front edges to blend seamlessly with your décor
- Anti-resonant cabinet
- Ten year warranty
- FREE SHIPPING - a $26 value*
- FREE lifetime technical support
*Free shipping value is based on ground shipping costs from Portland, OR to New York, NY. Individual rates vary.
Customer Reviews For NEW! Intimus 5C Center Channel Speaker
- Front and Center! Paul G.
- I got this 5C to go with a pair of 5Bs initially. It is a huge addition to my home theater! The sound that comes out of it is clear and detailed. Everyone, no matter where they are sitting, can hear the dialog flawlessly. It is also everything a center channel should be to music: transparent! It just disappears when listening to music in surround, blending in seamlessly with the front 5Bs, Bravus II 8D sub, and rear 4Bs. I have never had a sound system that worked so well together. It is truly a surround experience, where everything works so well together that every individual part disappears and you become completely absorbed in the experience of listening to the music or soundtrack, and not the speakers. I have close 200 hours listening and do not know how I lived without this as part of my home theater. Thanks again to all at Aperion for the fantastic service and help. Jason Hicks really helped me with all my questions, never failing to provide a timely and informative response.
- Could Not be Happier Dave M.
- I purchased this center channel speaker back in April before the room it was going into was finished. I finally set up my surround sound. This center channel is awesome! The sound quality is fantastic. The craftsmanship is superior and the price is right. What else could you ask for? When the speakers were in transit to my house I received an email from customer service detailing all that they, the speakers, went through along their journey to me. I was taken back a bit as I never experienced that from other companies and probably never will. They did not need to do that however it went a long way as far as feeling important that I purchased through them. Not ever hearing the speakers before I was really hoping that they sounded great because the company seemed to care. All the reviews I read were extremely helpful in determining which center channel to purchase. I went with the Intimus 5C center speaker and the 5B bookshelf speakers for my front left and right and would highly recommend them to anyone looking for excellent crisp sound, quality material at a great price and very considerate and thoughtful customer service. Oh and they come with white gloves!
Dave, Holden Ma.
- Aperion 5C - another winner Gregory G.
- Having heard the previous 5 line at a buddies house I took the jump on a full set of 5's (B and C). Out of the box I was moderately impressed - but not doing jumping jacks.. Then I realized that Audyssey had incorrectly set all my crossovers (Center was at 100Hz).. I moved the Center to 60Hz and the B's to 80Hz and am loving it.. These speakers are great at any volume and yes, the new tweeter does allow for a more smooth transition into higher volume levels.. These are great speakers but make sure you check your auto-calibration settings if you use it or calibrate manually..
- Terrific center audio that also looks great Joseph T.
- The 5C has more things going for it than you can possibly list so I'll be brief. First, the audio is great. I'm pushing 60 and have a little trouble with dialog. The 5C' produces a very full sound; the mids are very noticeable. Second is the look. Unlike many centers the 5C doesn't look like a yacht sitting in front of your TV. My wife even said, "oh that looks nice". Great sound, great looks, great purchase.
- Awesome ARAVIND V.
- Awesome, thats all i can tell about this marvelous piece. I made my research for more than a year to buy some nice speakers for my home theater. My config is samsung DLP 56" with onkyo 805. Aperion released their 5 Series at the right time. They are amazing in every aspect. Style, Sound, Satisfaction. It has all the three SSS i look for. It adds a new look to my apartment. It came nicely wrapped in a professional way and i am really proud to be a Aperion owner.
- Clean Compliment to a Surround System Brian M.
- You will not be disappointed with this Center channel if you are looking to clean, tight sound from a relatively small box. I am somewhat constrained in space being in an apartment so size considerations were important, but I did not want to lose performance and frequency response. The 5C really sounds great. It is an excellent compliment to the 5T towers and I am very happy how the sound fills my somewhat awkward room with ease even with the center channel above the TV!
I love this center channel. It looks great, sounds nice and really fits. Thanks Aperion!
- Outstanding clarity Sam S.
- I purchased the 5c to compliment a 5.1 surround system. I always had trouble hearing dialogue clearly through the TV speakers, but with the 5c the mid-range is very clear and dialogue in both movies and on TV is outstanding. The problem now is that I must adjust the level when watching HDTV vs regular channels since the sound quality is so different (or I could just stop watching the regular channels, which I am fine with).
- 5.1 Intimus system Trevor F.
- I bought the 5.1 Intimus Harmony system... I received the center channel speaker as part of the 5.1 system. The center channel is incredibly clear. The only down side is it's size. It's rather large and it's been difficult to find a TV stand/entertainment center that has a open shelf that will accept this monster.
- Cool!!! WOW!!!!! John T.
- Very cool indeed! At first, I wasn't all that impressed - not hearing a whole lot of highs from this. Then found out I had "Cinema EQ" turned on - turned it off and WOW! This thing is amazingly clean and detailed.
Wanted to save some dough and buy the 533-VAC, but, I'm totally digging the new tweeter Aperion came up with (I also bought some 4Bs and love their sound).
For the audiophile, I definitely recommend this center. Only one I heard that is better is the Focal (forget the #), but that was $600!
- Winner - Hands Down Tom W.
- I bought the 5C to test against another center speaker and after listening to the two, it was not a fair fight. The 5C won hands down for clarity and resonance. The other speaker almost sounded like I had a radio in front of my television.
Fit and finish were also a consideration. While the brand x speaker had a vinyl finish, the 5C has a real wood cherry finish.
My wife likes the looks better and also the better sound. I can't turn it up too much or it will run us out of the room.
Excellent product, now I am going to pair them up with some 5T fronts.
- Clear speech Trevor L.
- It almost seems like... the actors are talking directly to you! Very clear sound, no complaints whatsoever. Glossy black finish matches the rest of the hardware I have.
- Very VERY nice! Timothy D.
- Gotta say, the first impression was amazing. Even in the way the Fed-Ex guy handled package was impressive, it's like he KNEW how nice of a product he was holding in his hands. The packaging it arrives in is far greater than the price would allow you to believe, and the good news is it gets even better. The very second I removed my old Polk and put in my new Aperion, it brought my whole home theatre to life. That may sound a little dramatic, but it's true. Bottom line, it looks great, sounds even better and is a great price. Cant be beat!
- 5C dale f.
- When I was talking with Aperion about what I wanted, Jason and Caleb both told me to go with the 5C center. I never really spent much for centers never thought they were necessary... Boy was I wrong. the 5C is a monster. All those years I wasted.. what ever was I thinking? I am hearing things I never heard before in surround. My dogs are going nuts they hear something and are looking around... LOL. This is a great center for my system and the sound that it puts out is incredible. Voices are clear, I can even hear people taking a breath before talking..Truly amazing.
- Sensational 5C Asstchief14086
- It's been approx 30 hours of break in on this gem of a center since upgrading from the 4C last month. Without question the finest center channel I've listened to in a home environment. My upgrade was based on the performance of the 4C. Now I experience increased dynamics, better off axis response and frequencies so clear and concise the speaker exhibits transparency characteristic... quite an unexpected quality. Listening to Within Temptation's Sharon Del Adel's vocal on their "Black Symphony" DVD puts her center stage and she' right there with you. Wow! Build quality, fit, finish and aesthesis are astounding. Nice job Aperion. No - great job.
- Could not have asked for more Gregory K.
- Size is perfect. Quality is astounding. Highly recommend this center channel. Perfectly paired with my other Intimus brethren.
That said, I'd buy any product from Aperion again simply for the customer service factor. The folks here really do care about your needs and wants, and will hold your hand (if you need it... I did) through the entire process. Public kudos to David, who did so with me. Really had an amazing experience buying from Aperion. Would do it again, and will recommend to anyone that will listen.
- The dings of bullets... Scott M.
- I have tried many movies with this speaker and EVERYTHING comes across with such clarity, I couldn't believe my ears. My dog goes nuts everytime I watch a movie. She is fooled to think that someone is in the house or at the door. Bullets cling, leaves crunch, and dialog, once configured correctly, is flawless. Breath when speaking is audible, plaster being blown off walls is captured with amazing details, and even something as simple as walking on gravel is top notch. Do yourself a huge favor and buy this speaker! WOW!
- Awesome Addition Robert B.
- Not only is the fit and finish first rate, but the sound difference from my old center speaker is amazing. Heard the water trickle down a stream in the background of Tombstone. Voices are clean and natural sounding. The cherry finish fits right in our room and has high WAF. Can't help but wonder how much bigger the 6C sounds but for now this thing fills our 14x18 livingroom and we are extremely happy. This with the 5Ts and my wife never watches TV without the system up. An Onkyo TX-SR876 drives these little beauties.
- Wow William R.
- This speaker is amazing. I have it paired with 2 4Ts & 2 4Bs and I couldn't be happier with the sound, look, & overall quality. For a center channel I found the frequency response to be surprising. Overall, very highly recommended.
- Upgrade from 4C Patrick S.
- I just upgraded my 4C to a 5C because I was having trouble hearing dialog in movies and tv shows. First of all, the 5C is clearly a step up. It sounds bigger and I can hear the dialog easier. I was more impressed, though, with how easy the exchange was. My original 4T Hybrid set was 11 months old, so I had one month left to take advantage of there exchange policy. I called Aperion and they sent out the 5C the same day. I sent back my 4C and about 10 days later they credited me the full $160 purchase price. I was a bit concerned that the shipping for the two items would be kind of pricy but it turned out to be only $15 total!!! I do live only two hours away from Aperion so your shipping may be more. It was just nice that Aperion didn't use the shipping charges as a way to make extra money.
All my experiences with Aperion have been fantastic. They are a quality company and they will continue to get my business and recommendations.
- Chuck in S.C. Chuck B.
- I was not sure if I wanted the 4T's or 5T's but got the 5T's and have not been disappointed. I thought the 4T's may be a tad lacking in bass considering the size of room being 15X33. The 4T's may have done the job but I am really pleased with the 5T's. The bass and mid range are great and paired with the 5C and 8D sub, I am extremely pleased. Both music and movie sound is great. I am no audiophile but I can't imagine not being happy with the 5T's unless you are willing to spend over $1400.00 for a pair and then there are the 6T's. Considering the free home trial and the great expert advice (and believe me, if they have not gotten tired of my questions then they will please anyone), this is a product that is a no lose proposition for anyone considering a superb sound system.
- Chuck in S.C. Chuck B.
- I was not sure if the 4C or 5C would work for me in a room 15X33. I have not been disappointed with the 5C. I have the 5C paired with the 5T's and 8D sub and the sound is superb. Music and movies are a whole new experience. Even TV makes you just listen and remark that there are sounds that were never heard before. I could never go back to basic TV sound. I would recommend the 5C for anyone wanting great center sound. Consider the sound value of the 5C paired with the unbelievable customer support and you have a winning set up...
- EXCEEDED EXPECTATIONS ROBERT R.
- I just wanted to take a moment to convey how thrilled I am with my Aperion 5:1 speakers. I have had these speakers for about 1 year now and I love them. Watching blu-ray movies and listening to music really make me appreciate them even more. I could not be more happy with your company and products. I have recommended Aperion to numerous people (don't know if anyone has purchased anything), but I am an satisfied / loyal advocate of your products and company. I am grateful to cNet for their review as I was not aware of your company. My speaker system gets better every day. Robert in NH.
- Nothing Better for the Price R Lane A.
- After two months of research, I finally purchased the Intimus 5C speaker last month. Initially I thought the speaker was great, but not exceptional. After a few weeks, however, the speaker is now simply amazing. I am blown away how good this speaker sounds after it 'breaks-in'.
For the price, there is not a better speaker on the market. Thanks Aperion.
- Clear dialog with great off axis sound Brian H.
- The 5C handles its center duty with ease. Dialog is clear and deep. I notice no difference in sound when seated off to the sides as well.
- Great Upgrade from the 4-C Jason V.
- I upgraded my center speakers from 4C to the 5C last October and you can add me to the list of very satisfied customers. This is just a great center speaker!
And as has been said many times before, great customer service completed the entire experience.
- extremely well built and awesome sound UDAI S.
- When I bought new LCD TV, I started looking for a center channel to go with my 4T towers. I ordered the 5C after talking to Aperion guru's. I am extremely satisfied with the 5C as it integrates very well with my 4T towers and has fuller vocals and crisp highs. Aperion's customer service is excellent and their online chat option is very useful.
- Great Speakers & Company! Kirk D.
- The gang at Aperion are fantastic, they answered all my questions even if they were repeat questions. The main reason I went with Aperion was the great reviews they recieve from the various Audiophiles out there and the price. I listened to several different manufacturers at Best Buy before the purchase and then went ahead and ordered the Aperions (cant go wrong with the return policy) That way I could here them in the home.
First I am not a Audiophile, second I live in an apartment and cannot really turn up the volume on the system that I have and third this is my first surround system, but here goes the review.
My system consists of the following
Fronts: Aperion 5Bs
Center: Aperion 5C
Surrounds: Aperion 5DBs
Sub: Aperion Bravus II 10 D
The speakers are pushed by a Denon 2310CI,
The system started out with the 5Bs and the 5C when I first set these up the entire wall seemed to fill with great sound and as the speakers broke in it just got better. They became richer and fuller with time.
Next came the 5DB Surrounds. I run these in bipole as the back of the area where I am at is open to the kitchen and this setting seems to fill that area without having to purchase a 6.1 or 7.1 system. Again great sound.
The final purchase was the Bravus II 10D, wish I didnt live in an apartment but thats the way it is for now. I have the sub set up at very low volume right now but it still gives me great bass and completes the system. I still have toget the position correct but I am getting there.
if anyone is looking for a home Theater system look no further then Aperion. They have fantastic customer service and their return policy (which I do not believe you will use is an added bonus). is for a 30 day in home trial. And dont forget if you want to upgrade within a year of your purchase you can trade in your old Aperions.
- Why oh Why Jesse C.
- In a moment of confusion, striving for a space conservative center speaker, I purchased a Definitive Technology 60 XTR to replace my Intimus 5C Center speaker on a newly constructed media wall. Today, I felt the need to unbox and de-velvet my 5C and temporarily hook it up in place of my DT 60. My ear was basically trained to accept the GARBAGE that was coming from the DT-60 XTR. When I listened to the 5C, it was like hearing music/movies again. I am so sorry Aperion, I do not know what I was thinking... Kind of sad that I paid 3x for the Definitive Tech speaker, that just cannot hang! In the box the DT goes!
- Great for medium to medium large rooms Christopher G.
- I combined the 5C center channel with a pair of 6B's for my fronts, a set of 4B's for my rears, and a 10D sub and I could not be happier with my surround sound system. The 5C will provide an amazingly clear, rock solid center channel for all but the largest rooms. The heavy gloss black construction is impressive and Aperion customer service couldn't be better. Recommended.
- Superb Center Channel Drew F.
- The 5C is used in my home theater setup as the center channel mixed with 5Bs up front. The vocals are very clear. The finish is excellent. I built a simple box around the 5C which my 60" LED TV sits upon and it is a great alternative to wall mounting the TV.
- center speaker Brandon B.
- Speaker sounds great
Pro Reviews For NEW! Intimus 5C Center Channel Speaker
- Home Theater Review Reviews the Intimus 5T-DB Hybrid HD, January 2010
- The Intimus 5C Center Channel Speaker is a component of the Intimus 5T-DB Hybrid HD system.
"This is a real speaker system, meant to produce big sound that equally produced an audiophile grade musical experience at more modest listening levels. Considering their price versus performance - even someone with $20,000 speakers parked in their living room would be impressed with the HD sound of this Aperion system. Overall, the system produces a massive soundstage that is truly immersive on both movies and music. Between the packaging, the well-written instructions, the included accessories and the stellar performance of these speakers, I can recommend them unequivocally. In the new economy and at these prices, these speakers just make sense."
- Sean Killebrew, HomeTheaterReview.com, January 2010
Read Full Review
- Winner: "Product of the Year 2009" Award - SoundStage! Network, January 2010
- The Intimus 5T-DB Hybrid HD system won the SoundStage! Network "Product of the Year" 2009 Award and the Intimus 5C Center Channel Speaker is a component of that system.
The Aperion Intimus 5T-DB Hybrid HD home theater system won the SoundStage! Network "Product of the Year 2009" Award for the Loudspeakers category.
Each year at CES, the SoundStage! Network gives out awards to a select group of products that were reviewed in the previous years. The winners were selected from among those products reviewed on SoundStage!, Home Theater & Sound, GoodSound!, and Ultra Audio that already received Reviewers' Choice, Great Buy!, or Select Component awards within those publications.
- SoundStage! Network, January 2010
VIEW SOUNDSTAGE! NETWORK'S AWARD
Read Full Review
- CNET Named Intimus 5B Harmony SD #3 on "Best Home Theater Speakers" List, July 2009
- System includes the Intimus 5C Center Channel Speaker.
"Aperion's awesome 5.1 speaker system is pricey, but the Intimus 5B Harmony SD's great sound and superb build quality are definitely worth it."
- John P. Falcone, CNET.com, July 2009
See the full list
- Winner: SoundStage! Network Reviewers' Choice Award, July 2009
- The Intimus 5T-DB Hybrid HD system won the SoundStage! Network Reviewers' Choice Award featured on hometheatersound.com and the Intimus 5C Center Channel Speaker is a component of that system. Here's what hometheatersound.com had to say specifically about the 5C in that review:
"In a well-engineered surround system, the outputs of all the speakers are integrated into a single seamless soundstage, and the Aperions accomplished that with ease."
"These are marvelous products."
- Kevin East, hometheatersound.com (The SoundStage! Network), July 2009
Read Full Review
1" Audiophile-Grade Silk-Dome Tweeter
We engineered the 1-inch, audiophile-grade, silk-dome tweeter for optimal sonic performance—even at the highest volume levels—so you savor warm, natural sound with no harsh aftertaste. This tweeter’s unique venting system uses a rear chamber with multiple rear vents outside the neodymium magnet, a departure from conventional systems that use a single vent through the magnet’s center. Leaving the magnet fully intact results in a stronger motor structure with a lower resonant frequency, smooth response and amazingly pure, authentic sound. This tweeter is the high point of our speaker—literally.
5.25" Woven Fiberglass Mid-Woofer
Our custom 5.25” mid-woofer excels as the heart and soul of our 5C loudspeaker. The cone is constructed of woven fiberglass—lightweight, rigid and ready to amaze you with its natural bass output. Embracing the woofer is a butyl rubber surround, which creates a compliant yet well-dampened suspension that will deliver a lifetime of performance. Last but (only because something had to be), the magnetically shielded driver boasts a cast aluminum frame and remarkable frequency response. If this all sounds like Greek to you, we’ll translate: You’ll be delighted.
5.25” Woven Fiberglass Mid-Woofer (Passive)
The 5C center channel speaker employs one passive driver, aka radiator. The radiator is really not as passive as it sounds: It greatly improves bass by exploiting energy from the rear of the active driver that would otherwise be wasted. Because there's only one active woofer, sound lobing is greatly reduced, providing you with a much broader sonic sweet spot. This design also allows for a smaller, easier-to-place center channel speaker—adding versatility and convenience for your home theater.
4” Woven Fiberglass Mid-Woofer
Our custom 4" woven fiberglass mid-woofer makes your music, movies and games come to life. This robust and versatile little driver is tough enough to handle the thumping demands of lower midrange frequencies yet is precise enough to support a choir of voices. It may be small, but it packs a solid punch by delivering pure, distortion-free sound and flawless dialog.
Vertical Array Design
We engineered our center-channel speaker to provide flawless performance no matter where in the room you sit. Our vertical array design makes every seat a winner—which means your family and friends can all enjoy crisp, clear dialog and sound without having to rock-paper-scissors over who gets the middle of the couch.
Each of our Intimus III speakers wears the new black, but it’s anything but basic. We apply layer after layer of lacquer, hand sanding and polishing between coats to achieve a deep and brilliant shine. The precision-fit cabinetry unites the acoustic qualities of the most expensive loudspeakers with a curved-edge aesthetic that lets the Gloss Black Intimus III blend effortlessly with any décor.
Every Aperion 5C cabinet is made of solid 18 mm-thick medium-density fiberboard (MDF) to eliminate unwanted cabinet vibrations that muddy the sound. Muting the speaker walls ensures that the only input to your ears comes from your CD or DVD.
5-Way Gold-Plated Binding Posts
When you make a connection, it's all about convenience. Whether you use banana plugs, bare wire, round pins, flat pins or spades, our binding posts ensure effortless attachments to your new speakers. And though the gold plating may make you feel regal, it has a practical purpose too: Gold resists corrosion and provides the best possible connection to your receiver.
Acoustically Transparent Grille
Nothing stands between you and exceptional sound. We designed a sonically invisible grille that not only looks great, but also protects your precious speakers from curious fingers, claws, snouts, tentacles and trunks.
Wall & Ceiling Mounting
Mount your speakers wherever you want—out of the way and outside the reach of inquisitive children and pets. All 5B speakers come with dual 1/4" threaded inserts on the back for ceiling or wall mounting. Industry standard spacing on these inserts means they’ll work with a variety of wall and ceiling mount brands.
|Frequency Response||(+/- 3dB) 53-20,000 Hz -- (+/- 6dB) 49-22,000 Hz|
|Recommended Power||50-150 watts|
|Tweeter||1" Audiophile-grade Silk-Dome Tweeter|
|Midrange||4" Woven-Fiberglass Composite Mid-Woofer|
|Woofer||5.25" Woven-Fiberglass Composite Woofer|
|Enclosure Type||18mm MDF, sealed, passive radiator|
|Dimensions||7.33" H x 19.33" W x 8" D|
|Placement Location||Center channel speaker|
You might also like:
- The new Intimus 5B Bookshelf is making a bid for even greater popularity than its predecessors, with the same small form factor and fulfilling sound but a newly shaved price.
- Given that over 50% of your movie's dialogue—and a good portion of the sound effects—come from the center of your screen, it’s clear the speaker in charge is a key player. That’s exactly the role the Intimus 4C Center Channel was made for.
- Middling in size and anything but in sound, the Intimus 5T Tower speaker delivers the gamut of music and theatrical sound with authority and efficiency.
- The Verus Forte Center Channel speaker nimbly manages sound from the middle of your screen, to pull you right into the heart of your movie or music video.