More information for Intimus 4B Satellite Speaker Pair
If the size of your living room, bedroom or den makes you think it inspired the “tiny house” trend, we’ve got a speaker that will fit—and still kick out killer sound. If, on the other hand, a tiny house will fit in your living room, bedroom or den, congratulations! You’ve got space for the entire Intimus speaker family, including a surround that carries the same impressive DNA as its sibs.
The Intimus 4B Satellite Speaker pairs the warm, natural sound of our 1” silk-dome tweeter with the redesigned 4” woven-fiberglass woofer. The result? Full-sized sound and remarkable midrange clarity in a cunningly compact unit.
The cabinet features the precision fit Aperion is known for, finished in a Gloss Black lacquer that gives Intimus III the shine it deserves. You’ll be proud to place these handsome speakers anywhere you need stellar sound. Or pair them with a powerful Aperion subwoofer to replace the Big Kahunas in smaller spaces.
- 4" Woven-Fiberglass woofer delivers lush mid-range sound
- 1" custom designed silk-dome tweeter for smooth, clearly defined highs at even the highest volume levels
- Hand-polished Gloss Black laquer finish
- Contoured front edges and small form-factor to blend seamlessly with your décor
- Anti-resonant cabinet
- Ten year warranty
- FREE SHIPPING - a $17 value per pair*
- FREE lifetime technical support
*Free shipping value is based on ground shipping costs from Portland, OR to New York, NY. Individual rates vary.
Customer Reviews For Intimus 4B Satellite Speaker Pair
- Crystal clear and precise sound!! S. Sanu
- I accidentally discovered this website one day while going through reviews on hometheaterreview.com and I became interested. But buying something you never heard as well as not having any local store that sells them is always a risk. However 30 day in-home trial with free shipping both ways is no brainer. When the Speakers arrived they were boxed very well. They come wrapped in the pretty nice velvet bag with gold drawstrings. Hooking them up was very easy - a speaker cable that's it. There is an awful lot to like about Aperion Audio's Intimus speakers, especially the cost. The build quality is excellent, as is the attention to detail, such as threaded mounting points both bottom and back, gold plated binding posts. The High Gloss Piano Black finish is beautiful. It has such a perfect mirror finish. The drivers are of high quality and the resulting crystal clear and precise sound is one that is easy to love and listen to for hours on end. My setup is 2 5T's, 2 4T's, 5C, 2 4B's and the 8D.
- Last but not least Joe H.
- These were the last part of my system to arrive. The center, L & R, and the sub had been installed for a few weeks and getting a great workout with my AppleTV and Transformers chapters 2,3 and 4. I never saw the whole movie all at once until these babies arrived. Now I've seen it three times in one weekend--God love Michael Bay and his bombastic soundtracks. The speakers are just sublime.
- nice job guys! Franco B.
- I would have to say that my experience with Aperion was an excellent one overall. I shopped around for quite a while, and I can truly say that these speakers are an excellent value. I am using 4 of them with the Harmon Kardon AVR 347 receiver. Not only do the speakers provide superb sound for both movies and music, they look pretty slick as well. The folks at aperion were also very helpful with installation questions.
- Great sound, build, and value Rama R.
- I am extremely impressed with my new Intimus 4B. First off, the build quality is amazing. The piano black glossy finish resembles a work of art; anybody would be proud to display these in their homes.
Each speaker also weighs more than you think given their diminutive profile, further suggesting at their top notch build quality.
I tested these with my 45 Watt Jolida integrated tube amp what a terrific surprise. Very transparent musicality for all types of recordings. Vocals were crisp with no undetectable layers. I am positive that over time, they will sound better and I look forward to my next set from Aperion.
Naturally, these speakers will not have the midrange or bass extensions of a tower or much larger bookshelf speaker, but they put out terrific sound for the money. I just ordered a new Aperion Center and have situated the Intimus 4Bs as my surrounds. One of my best purchases ever!
- Awe-struck! Unbelievable! John T.
- Found out about Aperion by chance, but started reading the Forum and chatting with the great Gurus and was very impressed. I'm very shy about buying audio stuff without hearing it, but everything at Aperion told me I'd probably get great gear. MAN, was I ever right! I got the S8 sub a couple weeks ago, loved it, and got the 5C center along with the 4Bs last week. I think the 5C needs some more burn-in time, but the 4Bs right out of the box were most impressive. (They went in the rear position of my setup.)
I used to be a recording engineer in million dollar facilities, and the level of detail and neutrality out of these 4Bs did sound familiar to me. For example, I was playing a Genesis re-issue 5.1 SACD, and Phil Collins was playing a tambourine in the back, and I could actually tell that his tambourine had the "skin" on it!I was worried about the lack of bass these speakers have, but, they did sound full, including full resonance out of Phil's floor toms. But to top off the 4Bs, the S8 sub seemlessly took over the bottom that the 4Bs couldn't do. You really couldn't hear the 4Bs rolling off in the bass department.
I've always loved silk tweeters and now I have a new one to be in love with - the new redesigned silk tweeter is absolutely fabulous. At $130 a speaker, you'd be extremely hard pressed to find something better at this price point. I only give it 4 stars because I'm sure the 5B and 6B blow this little guy away. I'm astounded at the level of sound I get out of these tiny things! Highly recommend the entire Aperion experience.
- Little package, awesome perfomance Alan K.
- I would lie if I said this speakers looked average due to its size. But once you try it out, is like its hidden powers were concealed inside of it with life.
WOW, this more than what I expected for my bedroom system. Just be careful not to get your neighbors annoyed.
- This is PERFECTION Richard S.
- I am a quality freak. I am often annoyed with the baseless hype which we seem to be so bombarded with from all forms of marketing in this culture. Here at last is a company that truly delivers "the real deal" in every detail... from the product packaging, to their satisfaction guarantee.
I totally LOVE these little speakers! Seriously! I am totally amazed at the sound that comes from this small package!
THIS IS PERFECTION.
Have you ever noticed what a Steinway piano looks like dressed in black ebony? Well... when Aperion says "furniture grade finish" that is what they are talking about. These things blow me away in every detail possible. Mine are black, by the way.
You will have no regrets.
- Great surround speaker Trevor L.
- In ordering my system, the 5Bs were backordered, so my surround speakers came first, these 4Bs. As mains, the 4B wasn't quite up to handling the task. Overtaxed, they sounded. But as surrounds--they work quite well! Clean & crisp as surrounds, they're small enough to put on the matching speaker stands. Small as they are, their construction is impeccable. Hefty little guys, that's for sure.
- Best Small Speaker I've Ever Heard Dennis G.
- The Intimus 4B speakers far exceeded my expectations for a small speaker. After listening to several good small speakers and a desire for something better I ordered the 4B's to be used as surrounds in my new basement home theater. I first listened to them as fronts and was amazed as to how pure and smooth the sound was. They don't sound small, they just sound right. The sound and build quality along with great value make me wonder what Aperion's larger speakers might sound like for front and center in my 5.1 system. I intend to find out soon and possibly replace an NHT system I've enjoyed for years. I highly recommend the 4B's especially if your as particular as I am.
- Very nice surround compliment Brian M.
- After having gone through trying the Aperion Intimus 5DB dipole/bipole surround speakers, I am very happy with these much smaller 4B surrounds. The size is good, the sound is an excellent compliment to any front bookshelf or tower speakers and they are a breeze to hook to your wall and enjoy. I tried the 5DB surrounds first and was not very impressed with the cost vs. performance vs. price. However, I think these speakers are great and would absolutely recommend them to anyone looking for a great sounding 5.1 or even full 7.1 surround system.
Very nice Aperion!!
- Blown away by the sound Gregory K.
- I'm sure this is a common theme, but these little guys rock. I'm using a pair as surrounds, but in a smaller room, I could easily see these as a main L-R option. I'm amazed at what I DIDN'T hear before I bought these. HIGHLY recommend.
- Amazing William R.
- These speakers are just that... amazing. The perfect surround speaker for a small/medium sized room. Actually, they are even great as front speakers. I wanted to see just how great they were so I hooked them up as my fronts for a while and listened to some music/watched part of a movie and they were even great there. Excellent clarity at all volumes. Also, not only do they perform excellently, but they are built like little tanks & the black finish matches just about any setup in a very stylish manner.
- Whoa!! Damian S.
- After loads of research and knowing what other speakers sound like from past experience, I took a gamble on ordering from Aperion. Not being able to sample speakers before purchase is tough to do, but reading all the reviews from Aperion customers, I thought I would take a dive and try them out. As they are not yet broken in, I can't say much other than they look gorgeous, feel solid, and sound incredible (and that's only after 2 days of listening). I can't wait until I can really turn them up! I will be ordering more from Aperion in the future...no question!!
- WHOA!!!!! Small... but awesome! Jesse C.
- Like the rest of the posts here, these babies were they last part of my system. I was surprised at how small the 4Bs were. The 4B sound is outstanding! I have a higher end bedroom system (rhymes with Hose) and for giggles I thought I would install one 4B in the front just to compare. As I sat in front of the soundstage, I nearly could not hear the other speaker. The 4B was so crystal clear, as I heard the movement of Clapton's hand up and down the fret from the 4B and basically a muffled version from the other, I realized I HAVE TO CHANGE OUT MY ENTIRE BEDROOM SYSTEM. I am so impressed with the aperion 4Bs, as I am with all of aperions pieces. Lastly, purchase these bad boys with total confidence and excitement. You will be impressed!
- Exceeded my Expectations ROBERT R.
- I just wanted to take a moment to convey how thrilled I am with my Aperion 5:1 speakers. I have had these speakers for about 1 year now and I love them. Watching blu-ray movies and listening to music really make me appreciate them even more. I could not be more happy with your company and products. I have recommended Aperion to numerous people (don't know if anyone has purchased anything), but I am an satisfied / loyal advocate of your products and company. I am grateful to cNet for their review as I was not aware of your company. My speaker system gets better every day. Robert in NH.
- amazing little speakers Jordan M.
- I am using these speakers as my surrounds in a 5.1 set up that I am slowly upgrading. All I can say is wow! I grabbed them on boxing day as an open box special and they still come in the velvet bags with the manuals, and still backed by the same warranty. The fit and finish is impeccable, and the sounds these little guys produce is impressive by any standard, whether being used in multi-channel music or for effects in movies and video games. A couple of times while watching movies in my family room, I heard subtle effects behind me that sounded so close and real, that I found myself looking behind me to see if the sound was coming from something in the room. With the in home trial, free shipping, and excellent customer service, you can't go wrong.
- Un-believable sound!!! Kim W.
- I am new to the concept of spending this much money on one speaker. So I bought the smallest, and cheapest Aperion has, and I could not believe the sound these little things put out. I really can't find the words to describe the sound quality. I guess JJ from good times would have said that they were D-I-N-O-M-I-T-E!!!!
- Great As Surround Speakers Drew F.
- In my home theater setup I installed these high on the back corner/walls using the Aperion wall mounts. They sound excellent and crisp. Sometimes the sounds are so real they can spook you.
Pro Reviews For Intimus 4B Satellite Speaker Pair
- WINNER: Sound & Vision Magazine "2009 Editors' Choice" Award, February 2010
- Sound & Vision has chosen their 20 Best Products of 2009 and the Aperion Intimus 4B Harmony SA system was a "Home-Theater Speaker System" category winner. The Intimus 4B Satellite speaker is a component of that system.
"I like Aperion speakers for three reasons. First, they provide solid performance. Second, they offer amazing bang for the buck. Third, the company's Web-based, direct-sale business model with its risk-free audition and free shipping (both ways), full trade-up program, and generous warranty is terrific. The Intimus 4B Harmony SA system is a great example of everything Aperion does well. If you blind-listened to this system (which has a combined price tag of $999), you'd swear that the speakers cost much more. And when you pulled off the blindfold, the appearance and build quality of the cabinetry might cause you to up your estimate if you're shopping on a budget (and who isn't?), this system will amplify your purchasing power."
- Ken C. Pohlmann, Sound & Vision Magazine, February/March 2010
Review currently available at newsstands.
- CNET Named Intimus 4T Hybrid SD to "Best 5 Home Audio Products" List
- System includes the Intimus 4B Satellite Speaker.
Best mid-size speakers for the money
If you're serious about surround sound, you need to invest in a speaker system with some real gravitas--but most people just don't want the living room overrun with giant tower speakers. But the Aperion Intimus 4T Hybrid SD package manages to downsize the towers without sacrificing the sound. At just 34 inches tall and only 5 wide, these mini-towers gorgeous minitowers will fit into smaller rooms with no problems. And you can choose an 8-inch (shown), 10-inch, or 12-inch subwoofer, depending on your bass (and size) requirements.
- cnet.com, January 2011
The 4T Hybrid SD has been on this list since February of 2009
See the Full List
- CNET Named Intimus 4T Hybrid SD #1 on "Best Home Theater Speakers" List, July 2009
- System includes the Intimus 4B Satellite Speaker.
"Anchored by its minitower speakers, the Aperion Intimus 4T Hybrid SD is an exceptional surround speaker system that ably combines good looks and superior sound."
- John P. Falcone, CNET.com, July 2009
See the full list
- Big Picture Big Sound Reviews the Intimus 4B Satellite Speaker, September 2009
- Big Picture Big Sound reviewed our Intimus 4B-BP Fusion SA system and gave it a 3 out of 4 Star rating and the Intimus 4B Satellite Speaker is a component of that system. Here's what Big Picture Big Sound had to say specifically about the 4B in that review:
"But more importantly, the 4B speakers are the perfect blend of form and function."
"Used in a stereo configuration a pair of these can kick out some serious volume without any distortion. The casings are beefy as well with excellent internal damping. While many lower end speakers would practically be dancing from the vibrations, these speakers seemed not to move in the slightest."
"The 4B provided excellent audio immersion for movies, with good tonal and timbral matching all around."
"With music the 4Bs did an excellent job in stereo mode with old vinyl dance remixes, as well as with classical music including a "Best of" sampler CD from RCA. As stereo speakers the 4Bs sounded great with woodwinds, strings and brass with good placement of individual instruments in the soundstage."
- Solid craftsmanship and excellent materials
- Reasonable sized satellite speakers
[Comments about the 4B-BP Fusion SA System]
"With its furniture-grade piano finish and sleek design the Aperion Intimus 4B-BP Fusion SA system looks like a million bucks, but this system almost sounds like it too. While the satellites and center speaker don't quite match up visually, together the 5.1 system packs quite an audio punch."
- Peter Suciu, BigPictureBigSound.com, September 2009
Read Full Review
- Sound & Vision Magazine "Certified and Recommended" the Intimus 4B Harmony SA (Includes 4B)
- Here's what Sound & Vision had to say specifically about the 4B in that review:
"I started my audition with Justin Townes Earle's Midnight at the Movies...the title track has a live feel with a wide-open sound clearly the product of room microphones, as well as touches of old-fashioned plate and spring reverbs. That kind of ambience can be hard to reproduce, but the 4Bs properly conveyed it, proving the quality of the soft-dome tweeters."
"The small size of these Intimus speakers belies their big-speaker sound. Throw in the feisty Bravus 8A subwoofer and you've got a highly competent compact system. Do good things come in small packages? You bet. And in small velvet bags, too."
"A system that strikes a fine balance between size and substance highly recommended for smaller rooms."
* Highly accurate sound
* Beautiful cabinetry
* Excellent customer support
- Ken C. Pohlmann, Sound & Vision Magazine, September 2009
Read Full Review
- Enjoy the Music Nearfield Speaker Reviews
- When used in a nearfield environment the 4B does a wonderful job of preserving music's best intrinsic qualities. Boy, is this new millennium great or what?
- Steven Stone - Enjoythemusic.com, August 2008
Read Full Review
1" Audiophile-Grade Silk-Dome Tweeter
We engineered the 1-inch, audiophile-grade, silk-dome tweeter for optimal sonic performance—even at the highest volume levels—so you savor warm, natural sound with no harsh aftertaste. This tweeter’s unique venting system uses a rear chamber with multiple rear vents outside the neodymium magnet, a departure from conventional systems that use a single vent through the magnet’s center. Leaving the magnet fully intact results in a stronger motor structure with a lower resonant frequency, smooth response and amazingly pure, authentic sound. This tweeter is the high point of our speaker—literally.
4" Woven-Fiberglass Midrange Driver
Our custom 4" woven-fiberglass midrange makes your music, movies and games come alive. This robust and versatile little driver is tough enough to handle the thump-thump-thump of lower midrange frequencies, yet precise enough to support a choir of voices. It may be small, but our midrange driver packs a solid punch by delivering pure, distortion-free sound and flawless dialog.
Each of our Intimus III speakers wears the new black, but it’s anything but basic. We apply layer after layer of lacquer, hand sanding and polishing between coats to achieve a deep and brilliant shine. The precision-fit cabinetry unites the acoustic qualities of the most expensive loudspeakers with a curved-edge aesthetic that lets the Gloss Black Intimus III blend effortlessly with any décor.
Every Intimus 4B cabinet is made of solid 15 mm-thick medium-density fiberboard (MDF) to eliminate unwanted cabinet vibrations that muddy the sound. Muting the speaker walls ensures that the only input to your ears comes from your movies, music and games.
Your Aperion speakers are magnetically shielded so that they can be placed near any video monitor, ensuring a "rainbow free" video experience.
5-Way Gold-Plated Binding Posts
When you make a connection, it's all about convenience. Whether you use banana plugs, bare wire, round pins, flat pins or spades, our binding posts ensure effortless attachments to your new speakers. And though the gold plating may make you feel regal, it has a practical purpose too: Gold resists corrosion and provides the best possible connection to your receiver.
Acoustically Transparent Grille
Nothing stands between you and exceptional sound. We designed a sonically invisible grille that not only looks great, but also protects your precious speakers from curious fingers, claws, snouts, tentacles and trunks.
|Frequency Response||(+/- 3dB) 120-20,000 Hz -- (+/- 6dB) 100-22,000 Hz|
|Recommended Power||50-150 watts|
|Tweeter||1" Audiophile-grade Silk-Dome Tweeter|
|Woofer||4" Woven-Fiberglass Composite Woofer|
|Enclosure Type||15mm MDF, sealed|
|Dimensions||8.75" H x 5.33" W x 5.5" D|
|Placement Location||Front speakers in small rooms, surround speakers|
You might also like:
- Given that over 50% of your movie's dialogue—and a good portion of the sound effects—come from the center of your screen, it's clear the speaker in charge is a key player. That’s exactly the role the Intimus 4C Center Channel was made for.
- If satellite size speakers fit your space better, the Verus Forte won't fall short in terms of sound – actually, we think you'll be amazed. These petite speakers handle movie surround with ease, while adding to the aesthetics of your room.
- Despite its slim profile, the Intimus 4T packs a wallop. With its gracefully curved-edge cabinetry finished in gleaming Gloss Black lacquer, the 4T fits any décor.