More information for Intimus 4C Center Channel Speaker
They say seeing is believing, but in truth the eyes don’t have it when it comes to making performances real: The ears do. That’s why after shooting a film, directors cram in sound effects—to create a world made believable by ringing phones, hooting owls and primal screams.
Reality gets a boost when the Intimus 4C Center Channel goes to work. This quart-sized speaker transmits full-bodied sound and striking midrange clarity. The natural high of our 1" silk tweeter and lush range of our 4" woven-fiberglass mid-woofers unite to produce heady music, gripping dialog and mind-bending effects that catapult you into a performance.
With its streamlined aesthetic and Gloss Black finish, the Intimus 4C complements any décor. To ensure it’s a stand-out, we start with solid wood cabinetry, then finish it with hand-rubbed, multi-layered lacquer that rivals the gleam on top-quality concert pianos.
The only unreal aspect of the 4C? The value. But that means you won’t have to think twice about adding it to your sound system, whether you combine it with the 4B Satellite for a knockout 2.1-channel set or with its other Intimus kin for full surround sound.
- 4" Woven-Fiberglass woofer delivers lush mid-range sound
- 4" Passive Woven-Fiberglass woofer
- Hand-polished Gloss Black lacquer finish
- 1" custom designed silk-dome tweeter for smooth, clearly defined highs at even the highest volume levels
- Contoured front edges and small form-factor to blend seamlessly with your décor
- Anti-resonant cabinet
- Ten year warranty
- FREE SHIPPING a $12 value*
- FREE lifetime technical support
*Free shipping value is based on ground shipping costs from Portland, OR to New York, NY. Individual rates vary.
Customer Reviews For Intimus 4C Center Channel Speaker
- Very impressive Matthew L.
- I was very impressed with how this center speaker could easily fill my smaller size living room with clear and pristine sound. I never knew that getting this center would improve my home theater experience so much.
- Superb Franco B.
- This speaker provides superb sound for dialogue. It looks very nice with the black gloss finish, and only weighs 8 lbs. I mounted this speaker just under the TV at about ear level when sitting down on the couch. It's connected to a Harmon Kardon AVR 347 receiver a complemented by 4 x Intimus 4Bs.
- Excellent Value Rama R.
- Aperion does it again with tremendous form and value. Sound quality for movies is fantastic for a small form factor. Looks like a piece of fine art worth many times its asking price.
Movie dialog was perfect at most volume levels... including high. Make sure you have a decent HT receiver to take advantage of these tiny powerhouses.
Thanks Aperion... again!
- Good Small Center Channel Jason V.
- I have paired this with (2) 6-IW mains and a 8D Sub.
The finish is perfect and the sound quality is quite good for a small speaker.
My 4C is wall mounted above the TV using mounting brackets from Aperion. Which works well, except that my listenning position is quite low relative to the speaker. If there was one place to upgrade it would be to provide an aimable tweeter.
I would also suggest this is a very minimum size center speaker to pair with other Aperion speakers, so this might be somewhere you will want to trade up eventually.
Once again, customer service made the experiance even that much better. Thanks again Aperion!
- Center of my home theatre Jordan M.
- I have been using an old Sony htib center channel speaker for eight years and was finding I had to turn my stereo way up to hear dialog on most tv shows and movies. My set up has my tv mounted on the wall above the fireplace with only six and a half inches of room below it on my mantle to place a center speaker so my options in this regard were limited. I saw the 4c would fit perfectly but I was worried it wouldn't be enough of an improvement given it's small size. With the thirty day trial and the customer trade up program I figured there was no harm in trying it out. It arrived in only three days during the busy holiday season (I ordered on boxing day) and I was blown away by the fit and finish of this beautiful speaker in piano black. I have been using this speaker for about a month now and I can tell you it is staying put in my system. As it breaks in, it sounds better every day and it lets me hear details in my old movies that I have never heard before. I even compared it in multi channel music to two channel stereo with my older Sony towers (two 6 1/2 woofers per tower) and this little speaker can pound! In multi channel, most of the sound comes through the center channel, with the low frequencies produced by my modest subwoofer. I can honestly say it sounded even better than I hoped for and I can't wait to upgrade the rest of my system to Aperion products.
- Breaks in nicely Francis B.
- I was a bit hesitant to get a center channel that did not perfectly match my existing set up which consists of the Bravus 8D subwoofer coupled with the 532 bookshelves. As Aperion has discontinued this series, and I never got the matching center channel back when it was available, I was stuck with trying to make this one work.
I was very pleasantly surprised. At first, as expected, the new center was a bit on the bright side. But after a good 20 to 30 hours of break in period, my new Intimus 4C blends in perfectly into the sound mix created by my existing Aperion speakers. Dialogue is razor sharp and clear, without sounding boomy, and music sounds phenomenal whenever I choose a 5.1 soundscape.
Just exactly what the doctor ordered. It seems so small, yet produces plenty of sound. Nice clarity and imaging. Aperion, you did again.
- GREAT PRODUCT GREAT COMPANY Jos W.
- I'm not good at reviews, but this product was so good i had to share so bare with me. First off the customer service was outstanding and these days thats hard to find with everything being automated or someone you can barely understand (broken english). I got the gloss black finish and it was perfect and looked modern and elegant. Now lets get to the important stuff... the sound. I bought this for a smaller room and it fills the space no problem. The vocals are super clear and im hearing things that i wouldnt have on my old center. I will definitely be buying from aperion again. If you are looking for a bedroom, apartment or small living room system look no further! you wont regret it.
- Who Knew? Troy T.
- I was using a very old Sony HTIB and one of the surrounds blew/died. I ordered the 4C to replace the center because I could almost not hear when people talked. I had to turn things up so loud that the background noise would overwhelm the dialogue. I plugged this in, and moved the old Sony to replace the dead surround speaker. In just playing things, the volume was way too low from the 4C and the surround that used to be the center was way too loud. I ran my Audessey (SP?) auto tuner, and then things were all back to normal level and the 4C really was good. I can hear all the dialogue! I really like it and it goes to show what you can do with better than HTIB speakers. I thought all the reviews that said the speakers sound even better after they break in, were, well, you know, from "those" kind of people. . . :-) I have to say, my 4C sounds much better today than the day I got it. Weird.I recently built a sub-woofer as my old Sony died and the 4C and it are amazing together. As for needing the 5C because this isn't big enough. . . My old Sony was big enough, but this is way better and we are in a large room. Personal preference, I guess. I am really wanting to replace the fronts now with some 4T's. I totally recommend these guys and their speakers. They also have my sense of humor (If you have ordered from them, you know what I mean), the rest of you will just have to place an order to find out. . . :-) The speaker came in a black velvet bag, packed very well. Nice craftsmanship.
Pro Reviews For Intimus 4C Center Channel Speaker
- HomeTheaterReview.com review of the Intimus 4C
- "Next up for viewing was the Blu-ray of Marvel Studio's Thor (Paramount) , which turned out to be a visceral experience. Despite the ever-present action in the film, the 4C center channel did a capable job of conveying dialogue with solid resolution. "
"My last test involved the DVD-Audio version of Steely Dan's Two Against Nature (Giant Records/WEA). On the track "Jack of Speed," I found the vocals to be warm, neutral and engaging. I didn't notice any unwanted sonic artifacts, something that can prove difficult at this price point. I kept trying to pinpoint the sonic characteristic I found most appealing in the Aperions and really wasn't able to do so. I mean that in a good way, as they're well-rounded and well-engineered, especially given their affordability. "
"Considering Aperion's 30-day audition policy and the attractive price point of the Intimus line, there's really no excuse not to give them a try; you'll be rewarded with high-end sound and solid engineering. "
- Sean Killebrew, hometheaterreview.com, April 2012
Read Full Review
- WINNER: Sound & Vision Magazine "2009 Editors' Choice" Award, February
- Sound & Vision has chosen their 20 Best Products of 2009 and the Aperion Intimus 4B Harmony SA system was a "Home-Theater Speaker System" category winner. The Intimus 4C Center Channel speaker is a component of that system.
"I like Aperion speakers for three reasons. First, they provide solid performance. Second, they offer amazing bang for the buck. Third, the company's Web-based, direct-sale business model with its risk-free audition and free shipping (both ways), full trade-up program, and generous warranty is terrific. The Intimus 4B Harmony SA system is a great example of everything Aperion does well. If you blind-listened to this system (which has a combined price tag of $999), you'd swear that the speakers cost much more. And when you pulled off the blindfold, the appearance and build quality of the cabinetry might cause you to up your estimate if you're shopping on a budget (and who isn't?), this system will amplify your purchasing power."
- Ken C. Pohlmann, Sound & Vision Magazine, February/March 2010
Review currently available at newsstands.
- CNET Named Intimus 4T Hybrid SD to "Best 5 Home Audio Products" List
- System includes the Intimus 4C Center Channel Speaker.
Best mid-size speakers for the money
If you're serious about surround sound, you need to invest in a speaker system with some real gravitas--but most people just don't want the living room overrun with giant tower speakers. But the Aperion Intimus 4T Hybrid SD package manages to downsize the towers without sacrificing the sound. At just 34 inches tall and only 5 wide, these mini-towers gorgeous minitowers will fit into smaller rooms with no problems. And you can choose an 8-inch (shown), 10-inch, or 12-inch subwoofer, depending on your bass (and size) requirements.
- cnet.com, January 2011
The 4T Hybrid SD has been on this list since February of 2009
See the Full List
- CNET Named Intimus 4T Hybrid SD #1 on "Best Home Theater Speakers" List, July 2009
- System includes the Intimus 4C Center Channel Speaker.
"Anchored by its minitower speakers, the Aperion Intimus 4T Hybrid SD is an exceptional surround speaker system that ably combines good looks and superior sound."
- John P. Falcone, CNET.com, July 2009
See the full list
- Sound & Vision Magazine "Certified and Recommended" the Intimus 4B Harmony SA (Includes 4C)
- Here's what Sound & Vision had to say specifically about the 4C in that review:
"Dialogue intelligibility is paramount when watching movies, and the 4C passed this test easily, even with that dialogue delivered amid high background distraction in the Quantum of Solace soundtrack."
"The small size of these Intimus speakers belies their big-speaker sound. Throw in the feisty Bravus 8A subwoofer and you've got a highly competent compact system. Do good things come in small packages? You bet. And in small velvet bags, too."
"A system that strikes a fine balance between size and substance highly recommended for smaller rooms."
* Highly accurate sound
* Beautiful cabinetry
* Excellent customer support
- Ken C. Pohlmann, Sound & Vision Magazine, September 2009
Read Full Review
- High-Def Digest Review of the Intimus 4C - May 2009
- High-Def Digest reviewed our Intimus 4B Harmony SA system and the Intimus 4C Center Channel Speaker is a component of that system. Here's what High-Def Digest had to say specifically about the 4C in that review:
The center channel is fantastic. It handles both dialogue and action sequences with the greatest of ease.
Again the center channel really stood out. It brought out intricate details you may not have heard the first time you popped in that album. It even picked up the subtle lip-smacks and offbeat breaths which aren't even present when listening to inferior speakers. These accuracies help the listener become even more engulfed in their listening experience, and further enjoy their entertainment.
- Todd Daugherty, HighDefDigest.com, May 2009
Read Full Review
1" Audiophile-Grade Silk-Dome Tweeter
We engineered the 1-inch, audiophile-grade, silk-dome tweeter for optimal sonic performance—even at the highest volume levels—so you savor warm, natural sound with no harsh aftertaste. This tweeter’s unique venting system uses a rear chamber with multiple rear vents outside the neodymium magnet, a departure from conventional systems that use a single vent through the magnet’s center. Leaving the magnet fully intact results in a stronger motor structure with a lower resonant frequency, smooth response and amazingly pure, authentic sound. This tweeter is the high point of our speaker—literally.
4" Woven-Fiberglass Midrange Drivers (one active driver and one passive radiator)
Our custom 4" woven-fiberglass midrange makes your music, movies and games come alive. This robust and versatile little driver is tough enough to handle the thump-thump-thump of lower midrange frequencies, yet precise enough to support a choir of voices. It may be small, but our midrange driver packs a solid punch by delivering pure, distortion-free sound and flawless dialogue.
Each of our Intimus III speakers wears the new black, but it’s anything but basic. We apply layer after layer of lacquer, hand sanding and polishing between coats to achieve a deep and brilliant shine. The precision-fit cabinetry unites the acoustic qualities of the most expensive loudspeakers with a curved-edge aesthetic that lets the Gloss Black Intimus III blend effortlessly with any décor.
Every Intimus 4C cabinet is made of solid 15mm-thick medium-density fiberboard (MDF) to eliminate unwanted cabinet vibrations that muddy the sound. Muting the speaker walls ensures that the only input to your ears comes from your movies, music and games.
5-Way Gold-Plated Binding Posts
When you make a connection, it's all about convenience. Whether you use banana plugs, bare wire, round pins, flat pins or spades, our binding posts ensure effortless attachments to your new speakers. And though the gold plating may make you feel regal, it has a practical purpose too: Gold resists corrosion and provides the best possible connection to your receiver.
Acoustically Transparent Grille
Nothing stands between you and exceptional sound. We designed a sonically invisible grille that not only looks great, but also protects your precious speakers from curious fingers, claws, snouts, tentacles and trunks.
|Frequency Response||(+/- 3dB) 78-20,000 Hz -- (+/- 6dB) 72-22,000 Hz|
|Recommended Power||25-150 Watts|
|Tweeter||1" Audiophile-grade Silk-Dome Tweeter|
|Woofer||4" Woven-Fiberglass Composite Woofer|
|Enclosure Type||15mm MDF, sealed with one passive radiator|
|Dimensions||5.33" H x 12.8" W x 5.5" D|
|Placement Location||Center channel speaker|
You might also like:
- If you believe speakers should be heard but not seen—or if you simply need great-sounding but compact units for a space you'd never confuse with a great room—make way for the Intimus 4B Satellite.
- Despite its slim profile, the Intimus 4T packs a wallop. With its gracefully curved-edge cabinetry finished in gleaming Gloss Black lacquer, the 4T fits any décor.
- Where did we find the inspiration for the Intimus 4BP Bipole Surround? We stole it—from your neighborhood theater. Follow the theater’s lead and place these contenders along the side and rear walls of your very own miniplex.