More information for Intimus 4T Tower Speaker
Ever wish for a tower speaker that took up more of your room’s real estate? We haven’t either. Unless you need to make a statement about something other than great sound, what you really want from a tower is range, clarity and power.
The Intimus 4T Tower delivers, with full-spectrum sound, military precision and the might to back it up. The dual 4” woofers and 1” silk-dome tweeter team up to pump out soul-stirring music and commanding movie sound. Yet with a base only 8” x 10”, this lean tower fits neatly into a small- to mid-sized living room, bedroom, dorm or den. And thanks to the curved-edge aesthetics and Gloss Black piano lacquer, the Intimus 4T looks fabulous wherever it goes.
We’d want you to have great sound at any price, but the Intimus statement is about value. Which is why you won’t find another tower speaker anywhere that combines this level of performance, fit and finish.
- Dual 4" Woven-fiberglass mid-woofers deliver incredible bass and lush mid-range sound
- 1" custom designed silk-dome tweeter for smooth, clearly defined highs at even the loudest volume levels
- Hand-polished Gloss Black lacquer finish
- Contoured front edges and an exceptionally small footprint
- Anti-resonant cabinet
- Ten year warranty
- FREE SHIPPING - a $38 value per pair*
- FREE lifetime technical support
*Free shipping value is based on ground shipping costs from Portland, OR to New York, NY. Individual rates vary.
Customer Reviews For Intimus 4T Tower Speaker
- Crystal clear and precise sound!! S. Sanu
- I accidentally discovered this website one day while going through reviews on hometheaterreview.com and I became interested. But buying something you never heard as well as not having any local store that sells them is always a risk. However 30 day in-home trial with free shipping both ways is no brainer. When the Speakers arrived they were boxed very well. They come wrapped in the pretty nice velvet bag with gold drawstrings. Hooking them up was very easy - 4 screws and a speaker cable that's it. There is an awful lot to like about Aperion Audio's Intimus speakers, especially the cost. The build quality is excellent, as is the attention to detail, such as threaded mounting points both bottom and back, gold plated binding posts. The High Gloss Piano Black finish is beautiful. It has such a perfect mirror finish. The drivers are of high quality and the resulting crystal clear and precise sound is one that is easy to love and listen to for hours on end. My setup is 2 5T's, 4T's, 5C, 2 4B's, and the 8D.
- Playing With POWER!!!! David B.
- This is my first high end speaker purchase and I was seriously blown away by the excellent performance that these speakers could produce. The levels that come out of them are so great I don't even need a subwoofer. These towers put out enough of that for me!! I would highly recommend these for an audiophile starter like myself that wants great sound but not at the extreme prices.
Aperion does a great job in providing you with great quality and not as much of a hit to the wallet. Their online docs and hotline were extremely helpful in allowing me to make the best decision for my purchase. Installation was very easy with the online documentation available on the website. I installed it all on my own and saved more $$$ than hiring someone else to do the same thing. Thanks Aperion!!!
- Excellent Surround speaker David R.
- I configured a "hybrid" system, using 5T's for the front and 4T's as rear surrounds. Initially, I was concerned about using the smaller 4T's, but I was delightfully surprised at the quality of ambient sound they provide. I used a Disney Blu-ray DVD as my test. Disney Blu-ray, an original adopter of Blu-ray, provides a superior test of surround capability. The 4T's blew my old Bose speakers out of the water.
- Best Speakers Ever Robert N.
- A few months back I started talking with my good friend and co-worker Jim Rock Arruda about speakers. I had never heard of Aperion and was really hung up on getting another brand. Jim brought his Aperion 4Bs into work and I was blown away by the sound! Totally took me by surprise.
So I decided to order the 4T Towers, 5C Center Chanel and 4B rear surrounds and I cannot believe how awesome these sound! My room is 24' long by 15' wide and if you close your eyes it feels like you are immersed in an ocean of sound. To top off this great product is Team Aperion customer service. Thanks Aperion for such a great product and service --- Blu Ray Bob ---
- Dazzling, Marvelous, Excellent Speakers Nishant P.
- After upgrading to 46" SONY LCD TV recently, I've been looking to upgrade my home theatre system as well for some time. As is true with any non-audiophile kinda of guy, I too was almost certain to go for Bose system, that was until I saw the review at cnet site.
Right away, I knew it was one of those items I should give a try & after speaking to Aperion Gurus settled upon the following configuration: 1. 2 4T's -> Front Speakers 2. 1 5C -> Center Channel 3. 2 4B's -> Surround Speakers 4. 1 8 Bravus -> Subwoofer
So far it's been an excellent addition to my Sony Blu-Ray & Onkyo TX-SR 606.
I have been listening to these speakers for a month now & received my subwoofer couple of days back. I mostly watch movies 20%, music 80%. So far, everything has been top notch quality. Listened to AR Rehman song "Yeh Haseen Vadiyan" & developed goose pimples. The sound so crisp & clear.
Fit and finish (piano black) is excellent, and customer support is second to none.
Keep up the quality and service!
- Surprising Sound for a very reasonable price Russell H.
- I started with the Bravus 8D subwoofer with a pair of 5B bookshelf speakers and was very impressed. The 5B is a powerful little brute but for my size room I felt I needed a bit more. I traded my 5Bs in for a set of 4Ts and could not be happier. These diminutive towers put out a very large and comfortable sound. The 4Ts and the Bravus 8D match up very well indeed to produce a very high quality sound over the full audio spectrum. Don't think that the sub is required however; these things pack a serious bass punch of their own. Great sound, gorgeous looks, impressive build quality and Aperion staff that are a pleasure to work with.
- Great all round experience! Casper V.
- What a great all round experience I had with Aperion Audio. Pure class. The speakers perform and deliver more than I expected for the price. Exceptional sound and quality from the whole set (5). What impressed me most however is the service from Aperion Audio and the quality of delivery. Every time I read a response to a support e-mail I could not but have a smile on my face. Great hardware, great people and a great experience.
- Awesome sound and looks UDAI S.
- I was looking for front speakers that can serve well for music without the need of subwoofer... which I was planning to add later. After auditioning a number of speakers under $1000 I was not satisfied so I decided to try 4T after reading good reviews about the speakers and Aperion customer service.
As soon as I hooked these speakers with my Denon receiver I was blown away by the sound and looks of 4T. I am amazed as to how well these speakers perform for both music and HT. I will be adding a subwoofer shortly but as of now I am very much satisfied with these speakers.
Aperion customer service is one of the best in the industry especially the online chat option with the Aperion gurus.
- Just one word 'WOW' Rajiv M.
- When I first hooked the 4Ts, I thought they were ok. But I didn't know that any speakers open up as you start using them. Man they have evolved. After 20-30 hours of use these speakers are a dream. I am so happy that I keep talking about them with friends, family and colleagues. Just Awesome. Good job Aperion.
- Exceeded my Expectations ROBERT R.
- I just wanted to take a moment to convey how thrilled I am with my Aperion 5:1 speakers. I have had these speakers for about 1 year now and I love them. Watching blu-ray movies and listening to music really make me appreciate them even more. I could not be more happy with your company and products. I have recommended Aperion to numerous people (don't know if anyone has purchased anything), but I am an satisfied / loyal advocate of your products and company. I am grateful to cNet for their review as I was not aware of your company. My speaker system gets better every day. Robert in NH.
- Love them! Preston Z.
- Had these speakers for only a week, and am so glad I went with Aperion. I am blown away by your prices, quality, customer service, and sound! I will be Aperion customer for life. My setup is 2 4T's, 5C, 2 4BP's, and the 10D. Love all of them!
- Impressive. Dan R.
- I've had the Intimus 4T speakers for about a year now and have loved them. I have them connected to a Sonos ZP120 which I use primarily to stream music from my network hard drive as well as from music services such as Pandora and Rdio. I know its not the purest audio set up but it is extraordinarily convenient and versatile. Anyway it sounds wonderful, and the 4T have a surprisingly adequate low end response. Did I mention they look wonderful too?
- Quite satisfied. Joseph D.
- Hmm, where to start...
Excellent customer service and company before purchase, during, and after. I feel like I'm dealing with people, not just a website.
I have a fairly small to average sized living room in my one bedroom apartment, and I wanted good quality, but not necessarily the largest and loudest speakers. I'm starting with just these towers, but I'll definitely be expanding to the full 5.1 system soon. When I received them, I was quite satisfied with the secure packaging, the velvety bag (looked like a giant bottle of Crown Royal), and I'm especially pleased with the quality of the wood finish (I got the cherry version).
My first impression of the sound was that it was "ok" but I adjusted a few settings on my receiver and gave the speakers a few hours to break in a little, and they sound like they've opened up. I don't have a subwoofer yet, so the bass is slightly lacking at times, just slightly. Even without the really low end tones, what you do hear is a clear, full, and open sound. Not too bright and tinny, yet the mids and highs are crisp and clean. I know that when I add the sub, it'll just make it that much better. But again, even without the sub, it's still acceptable, especially considering the size (only 4 inch woofers). I look forward to expanding my setup with more speakers from this company.
- great sounds Matthew B.
- Sound is really clear, full, warm, and true. Plays all kinds of music nicely (indie pop, pop, acoustic, country, hip hop, classical) Paired this with the 8D sub. My friend can't stop thinking about my speakers. They are nice and slim, don't take up much room but they don't sound small at all. Sounds good really loud, soft, and everything in between. I'm really happy with these speakers. Worth the $.
- Great speakers right out of the box David F.
- The speakers arrived right on time in very sturdy shipping boxes. Great unexpected quality touch was the 'very smooth' protective shipping bag surrounding each speaker. Very easy to follow instructions were included, though not really needed since the speakers pretty much speak for themselves. Sound quality is superb, clear, and crisp. I will be in the market for a TV entertainment speaker system soon and I will defiantly research what Aperion has to offer. I recommend this company and product. The tootsie roll candies and thank you note was a classy touch!
- Best Buy Pranaya M.
- Let me start by saying these are one of the best looking speakers, I got glossy finish. Best of all they are slim and occupy less space. You will start appreciating from the time you open the boxes.
My movies have come alive, there is no hissing sound which is usually associated with large speakers.
I was worried before I placed the order as I didn't see them in any stores and how they perform. But I reassure you that you can order them you will really like the sound quality and the size.
My request to Aperion is to have some more gap between the speaker terminal, it is a challenge to wrap the speaker wire.
- 4t tower speaker Brandon B.
- I love these tower speakers they look and sound great.
Pro Reviews For Intimus 4T Tower Speaker
- HomeTheaterReview.com reviews the 4T Tower Speaker
- "I'm often disappointed with the low-end performance of many floor-standing speakers, even some of those with larger cabinets and drivers that should be capable of decent bass. As I made my way through other forms of music and movies, that's the aspect of the 4T's performance that continued to blow me away - the bass that those little four-inch drivers were capable of dishing out was amazing."
"Considering Aperion's 30-day audition policy and the attractive price point of the Intimus line, there's really no excuse not to give them a try; you'll be rewarded with high-end sound and solid engineering. "
- Sean Killebrew, hometheaterreview.com, April 2012
Read Full Review
- Audioholics Video Review of the 4T Hybrid SD
The 4T Tower Speaker is the basis for the 4T Hybrid SD System.
"Aperion speakers are among the best bang for the buck in the industry. They have some really great products in a wide variety of styles and sizes to suit any need, and yet they continue to innovate their product line. We really like that. They also come with a five year warranty, free shipping and lifetime tech support. That's not bad. Not bad at all. If you're an absolute bass hog, maybe you can mix and match the system and upgrade the sub - either to a larger Aperion model or one from another company. In either case, Aperion's going to help you get the exact sound you want in your living space and the Intimus 4T Hybrid SD System is a great starter system."
- Clint DeBoer, Audioholics.com, January 2012
See at Audioholics.com
- MissingRemote.com Review of the Intimus 4T Speaker
- "With great sound and build quality for the money, Aperion Audio's Intimus 4T tower provides an outstanding value. Combining this with a risk-free trial and a ten year warranty, it is difficult to not recommend that anyone considering new loudspeaker mains in a small or mid-sized room take a hard look at this pair. If there is a drawback, it is that the Intimus 4T's size demands sonic trade-offs similar to a bookshelf loudspeaker without the convenience of the other form-factor."
- Andrew Van Til, missingremote.com, December 2011
Read Full Review
- Intimus 4T on CNET's "Top Ten Under $1K" Speaker List
- "Aperion Audio's skinniest tower is one of my reference home theater speakers. Finished in a gorgeous real cherry wood or pristine black gloss, the 4T is a handsome speaker. Mated with a decent receiver the 4T makes a serious home theater or hi-fi statement. The direct sale price includes free in-the-U.S. shipping."
- Steve Guttenberg, CNET, September 2010
See Full List
- Winner: "Best of 2009" from Affordable$$Audio, Intimus 4T Tower Speakers, January 2010
- "The 4T's became an instant favorite in my home, as well as Aperion's top-selling speaker in 2009 for good reason. Impeccably smooth, non-fatiguing dynamic sound, a wide soundstage combined with easy placement, and WAF in bunches makes it a great value. Add in a sub and you have instant full range magic. Top it off with Aperion Audio's 10-year warranty, 30 day in-home trial, and terrific customer service/support."
- Mark Marcantonio, Affordable$$Audio, January 2010
Read Full Review
- GoodSound! "Great Buy" Award Given to the Intimus 4T Tower Speaker, November 2009
- "The Aperion 4T is a wonderful loudspeaker that could have easily been overlooked if sold through the traditional high-end retail establishment. For one thing, it's small -- it looks almost puny -- and lacks the physical "presence" of the more impressively sized speakers it would no doubt be standing next to. In addition, it's a truly neutral speaker designed to serve the music and avoid listener fatigue, qualities that are revealed only through the sort of extended and undisturbed listening sessions rarely offered by audio dealers. Yet have a pair (or more!) delivered to your home, as Aperion invites you to do, and see how easily they can be integrated into your lifestyle. The 4T asks little in terms of space, watts, or money, but play through them your favorite but imperfectly recorded LPs or CDs and they'll make the most of the good that's there while downplaying the bad. In a world of cynical hi-fi gear, the Aperion 4T is a true optimist. Highly recommended!"
- Ron Doering, GoodSound.com, November 2009
See the full list
- CNET Named Intimus 4T Hybrid SD to "Best 5 Home Audio Products" List
- System includes the Intimus 4T Tower Speaker.
Best mid-size speakers for the money
If you're serious about surround sound, you need to invest in a speaker system with some real gravitas--but most people just don't want the living room overrun with giant tower speakers. But the Aperion Intimus 4T Hybrid SD package manages to downsize the towers without sacrificing the sound. At just 34 inches tall and only 5 wide, these mini-towers gorgeous minitowers will fit into smaller rooms with no problems. And you can choose an 8-inch (shown), 10-inch, or 12-inch subwoofer, depending on your bass (and size) requirements.
- cnet.com, January 2011
The 4T Hybrid SD has been on this list since February of 2009
See the Full List
- CNET Named Intimus 4T Hybrid SD #1 on "Best Home Theater Speakers" List, July 2009
- System includes the Intimus 4T Tower Speaker.
"Anchored by its minitower speakers, the Aperion Intimus 4T Hybrid SD is an exceptional surround speaker system that ably combines good looks and superior sound."
- John P. Falcone, CNET.com, July 2009
See the full list
- HomeTheaterReview.com Reviews the 4T Tower Speaker, August 2009
- "For $650 a pair, sold direct with a 30-day in-home trial and 10-year warranty, the Intimus 4T from Aperion Audio is a no-brainer for anyone looking to get a little more serious about two-channel audio or home theater without breaking the bank. While it can be bested by a few speakers in its price range, including some bookshelf speakers, it possesses a magic combination of beauty, quality and practicality that is hard to overlook. If you're seeking a solid, almost full-range floor-standing speaker that isn't going to dominate your living space or your bank account, look no further than the Intimus 4T."
- HomeTheaterReview.com, August 2009
Read Full Review
- Big Picture Big Sound 4T Review, June 2009
- "The Aperion Towers presented a realistic and three dimensional soundstage with pinpoint instrument placement, without the need for any simulated surround. Using the Pioneer receiver's "Pure Direct" 2-channel mode, the towers reached deep enough into the low bass themselves (around 45 Hz, according to the specs) so as to make the subwoofer optional for stereo playback. Some tower speakers have difficulty disappearing in the music, but the Intimus 4Ts imaged as well as a great pair of mini-monitors. This system really does satisfy the ears on a variety of 2-channel, 5.1 channel and 7.1 channel material."
"The sound of this system in a 7.1-channel set-up is deep, wide and expansive, drawing you into the action of movies, music and TV shows encoded in surround."
"This system really does satisfy the ears on a variety of 2-channel, 5.1 channel and 7.1 channel material."
"The performance that this system delivers compares favorably to much more expensive home theater loudspeaker systems."
- Chris Boylan, bigpicturebigsound.com, June 2009
Read Full Review
- CNET 4T Hybrid SD Review - 8.8/10 (4T Review)
- "I started listening to the svelte 4T towers in stereo with the CD soundtrack to the film Perfume. The orchestral score had the weight and full-bodied dimensionality I expect from towers double the size of the 4Ts. We briefly compared the 4Ts with the 5B satellite speakers found on the Aperion Intimus 5B Harmony SD. The 4T's larger size was immediately obvious--the minitowers' sound was bigger with a richer balanced midrange."
- Steve Guttenberg - cnet.com, August 2008
Read Full Review
Powerful 2-Way Tower Design in a Practical Size
To create a 2-way tower that doesn’t require busting out a wall to fit it into your room, we started with our award-winning 4 Series bookshelf speaker. Then we tugged its svelte and attractive profile up-up-upward and added a custom-designed 4" mid-woofer to give it extra punch. And how did our Frankensteinish experiment work? Way better than the original. The Intimus 4T boasts the graceful voice of a bookshelf speaker and the sonic authority of a tower. Monstrous!
1" Audiophile-Grade Silk-Dome Tweeter
We engineered the 1-inch, audiophile-grade, silk-dome tweeter for optimal sonic performance—even at the highest volume levels—so you savor warm, natural sound with no harsh aftertaste. This tweeter’s unique venting system uses a rear chamber with multiple rear vents outside the neodymium magnet, a departure from conventional systems that use a single vent through the magnet’s center. Leaving the magnet fully intact results in a stronger motor structure with a lower resonant frequency, smooth response and amazingly pure, authentic sound. This tweeter is the high point of our speaker—literally.
Dual 4" Woven-Fiberglass Midrange Drivers
Our custom 4" woven-fiberglass midrange makes your music, movies and games come alive. This robust and versatile little driver is tough enough to handle the thump-thump-thump of lower midrange frequencies, yet precise enough to support a choir of voices. It may be small, but our midrange driver packs a solid punch by delivering pure, distortion-free sound and flawless dialog.
Each of our Intimus III speakers wears the new black, but it’s anything but basic. We apply layer after layer of lacquer, hand sanding and polishing between coats to achieve a deep and brilliant shine. The precision-fit cabinetry unites the acoustic qualities of the most expensive loudspeakers with a curved-edge aesthetic that lets the Gloss Black Intimus III blend effortlessly with any décor.
Every Intimus 4T cabinet is made of solid 15 mm-thick medium-density fiberboard (MDF) to eliminate unwanted cabinet vibrations that muddy the sound. Muting the speaker walls ensures that the only input to your ears comes from your CD or DVD.
5-Way Gold-Plated Binding Posts
When you make a connection, it's all about convenience. Whether you use banana plugs, bare wire, round pins, flat pins or spades, our binding posts ensure effortless attachments to your new speakers. And though the gold plating may make you feel regal, it has a practical purpose too: Gold resists corrosion and provides the best possible connection to your receiver.
Custom Aluminum Bases, Floor Spikes and Footers
Each Intimus 4T speaker comes with a set of custom-cast aluminum bases plus floor spikes and footers. The spikes give you tighter bass by decoupling the cabinet from the floor. But given that spikes can put the hurt on your hardwood or other rigid floor surface, we include footers for protection.
Acoustically Transparent Grille
Nothing stands between you and exceptional sound. We designed a sonically invisible grille that not only looks great, but also protects your precious speakers from curious fingers, claws, snouts, tentacles and trunks
|Frequency Response||(+/- 3dB) 60Hz -20,000Hz -- (+/- 6dB) 50Hz -22,000Hz|
|Recommended Power||25 - 150 Watts|
|Tweeter||1" Audiophile-grade Silk-Dome Tweeter|
|Woofer||Two 4" Woven Fiberglass Composite Woofers|
|Enclosure Type||15mm MDF, Ported|
|Dimensions||34" H x 5" W x 7.5" D (Base: 8.25" x 8")|
|Placement Location||Front speakers|
You might also like:
- If you believe speakers should be heard but not seen—or if you simply need great-sounding but compact units for a space you'd never confuse with a great room—make way for the Intimus 4B Satellite.
- Given that over 50% of your movie's dialogue—and a good portion of the sound effects—come from the center of your screen, it's clear the speaker in charge is a key player. That’s exactly the role the Intimus 4C Center Channel was made for.
The new Verus Forte Tower mirrors the immersive sound and striking looks of the award-winning Verus Grand—but its petite stature and slender curves remind you that this is the powerful younger sibling.