- Speakers by Type\
- Satellites & Bookshelves Speakers\
- Verus Surround Dipole/Bipole Speaker Pair
More information for Verus Surround Dipole/Bipole Speaker Pair
DetailsAre you asking yourself what the differences are, and benefits of Dipole vs. Bipole speakers? Here are some answers.
With Dipole speakers, the two sets of drivers are out of phase with each other. What out of phase means is that while one set of drives is pushing out, the speakers on the other side are pulling in. If mounted properly in your room, the result is something called a null or dead zone of sound. See the graphic for reference. When properly set up, a Dipole speaker provides an open, enveloping surround soundstage. For this to work properly, the speakers must be positioned in-line with the listening position as shown. If you are sitting out of the null area, the effect can be spoiled. If you don't want to, or simply can't place your surround speakers and listening position as required, that's where Dipoles come in handy.
In a bipolar speaker configuration, the two sets of drivers are in phase with one another… both sides push air at the same time. The result is greater sound output where the dipolar speaker's null would be. The optimum location for a bipole speaker is behind the listening position. This positioning offers the benefit of a more detailed surround sound and is the preference of people who prefer the greater localization of bipolar speakers when used in Dolby Digital 5.1, DTS.
- Dual 4.25" Aperion PhaseSync Drivers with integrated 1" Aperion ASR tweeters
- Anti-resonant cabinet
- Wall mounting brackets
- Furniture-Grade finish
- Ten year warranty
- FREE SHIPPING - a $35 value per pair*
- FREE lifetime technical support
Get the flexibility of two speakers in a single elegant package. Immerse yourself in surround sound with the Verus Surround dipole/bipole speaker and never make compromises in your home theater.
*Free shipping value is based on ground shipping costs from Portland, OR to New York, NY. Individual rates vary.
Customer Reviews For Verus Surround Dipole/Bipole Speaker Pair
- For the ultimate surround experience, look no further!!! Gerald B.
- In one sentence, these speakers are great for the surround channels. I am currently configured in 5.1, but seriously considering adding two or four more surround speakers to have a 7 or 9 channel setup; although my room size would not justify that many speakers. But these speakers really create a fantastic surround environment. And they look great!!!
My only two gripes are:- I wish Aperion would extend the piano finish at least to the bottom of the speaker ideally include the top also.
- And I would have preferred the use of larger drivers; like the 5 woofer on the Verus Grand Bookshelf speakers. I can only drive my surrounds with my crossover set at 100Hz. I understand that surround speakers are not meant to reproduce low frequencies, but THX settings on my receive default to 80Hz and this is too much for the surrounds. Regardless, they sound great!!
Even if the above suggestions were implemented and drove a price increase, I would still purchase them without reserves. I would love to see surround speakers match the dynamics of the Verus Grand Center!!
Continue the awesome work Aperion!!! (two thumbs up)
PS. I thought about getting the larger Verus Grand Bookshelf (VGB) speakers for my surround channels, but that would have caused a mounting issue for me since its not recommended to place them up against the wall. The VGBs are meant to be placed away from walls or corners to maintain their clarity and high frequency detail. If you place these against a wall or in a corner, they get boomy and muddy like any speaker.
Pro Reviews For Verus Surround Dipole/Bipole Speaker PairWe're sorry, we don't have any reviews for this product yet
New Aperion PhaseSync Driver
The Verus Forte line is intended for intimate spaces, and we wanted everyone in the room to have the best seat. So we built a new driver that optimizes on- and off-axis performance in the smallest size possible. The PhaseSync Driver packs the woofer and ASR tweeter into a single space-saving package. Coupled with the midrange driver, the Aperion PhaseSync lets Verus Forte deliver as much true-to-life sound as speakers nearly twice the size.
New Aperion Axially Stabilized Radiator
We engineered the new silk dome ASR to handle frequencies beneath most tweeters. Now the mid-high frequencies emit the same crystalline tones as their counterparts in the penthouse. From the pluck of a violin string to the screech of tires, the result is pure, authentic sound.
5-way gold-plated binding posts
The 5-way gold-plated binding posts let you connect your speakers any which way you choose: bare wire, banana plugs, spades, round pins or flat pins. Not only does the gold plating give your system some bling, it also serves a more practical purpose: to resist corrosion and provide the best possible connection to your receiver.
Acoustically Transparent Grille
Nothing stands between you and your sound. We designed a sonically invisible grille that not only looks great, but also protects your precious speakers from curious fingers, claws or snouts.
|Frequency Response||(+/- 3dB) 90Hz to 18,000Hz -- (+/- 6dB) 80Hz to 20,000Hz|
|Sensitivity||Bipole: 88dB -- Dipole: 78dB|
|Recommended Power||20-200 Watts|
|Tweeter||Dual 1" Audiophile-grade Custom Aperion ASR Tweeters|
|Woofer||Dual 4.25" Aperion PhaseSync Drivers|
|Enclosure Type||1" HDF, Ported|
|Dimensions||9.5" H x 13" W x 7" D|
|Placement Location||Surround Speakers|
You might also like:
What do we call the compact version of the Grand Tower? The Verus Grand Bookshelf--and just as you'd expect, you get big-as-life sound in a stylish small cabinet.
- Our top-of-the-line Verus Grand Tower is your ticket into the show. Now you can bask in true-to-life sound at a price that keeps the experience sweet.
- If satellite size speakers fit your space better, the Verus Forte won't fall short in terms of sound – actually, we think you'll be amazed. These petite speakers handle movie surround with ease, while adding to the aesthetics of your room.
- The Verus Forte Center Channel speaker nimbly manages sound from the middle of your screen, to pull you right into the heart of your movie or music video.
The new Verus Forte Tower mirrors the immersive sound and striking looks of the award-winning Verus Grand—but its petite stature and slender curves remind you that this is the powerful younger sibling.
- The Verus Grand Center Channel speaker brings on-screen action to life in mid-size and larger rooms. But be prepared for the one-two punch of amazing sound and gorgeous looks. We're considering a whiplash warning.
- Where did we find the inspiration for the Intimus 4BP Bipole Surround? We stole it—from your neighborhood theater. Follow the theater’s lead and place these contenders along the side and rear walls of your very own miniplex.