More information for Verus Forte Tower Speaker
The Verus speaker line has already proven its prowess at producing experiences, not just sound. So before you turn your ear toward the Verus Forte Tower, set aside some time to lose yourself. Then get ready to fall in love, blaze through a sax solo or test your mettle against mafia hitmen. It’s all part of the repertoire for the Verus Forte.
To ensure a winning experience up and down the sonic spectrum, we created an unbeatable combination: three proprietary woven Kevlar® woofers and mid-range drivers coupled with our patent-pending Axially Stabilized Resonator tweeter. The ASR provides incredibly clear highs, while giving the mid-range driver plenty of headroom. Working together in our unique 3-way speaker, they envelop you in a cocoon of rich, real sound.
In its quiet moments, you may find yourself wondering how this graceful cabinet emits such brawny sound. But this is one sibling that won’t be outdone—from its powerful audiophile-grade response to its glossy furniture-grade finish. And given its agreeable price, the Verus Forte seems poised to give the firstborn some friendly competition.
- 1-inch Aperion Axially Stabilized Radiator silk dome tweeter
- One 4.25-inch woven Kevlar® mid-range driver with aluminum phase plug
- Two 4.25" Woven Kevlar Woofers
- 3-way bass reflex design
- 5-way gold-plated binding post, bi-ampable
- Furniture-grade gloss cherry wood veneer or gloss piano black finish
- Beautiful curved cabinet with compound angles and internal bracing
- Acoustically transparent, magnetically held, cloth-covered metal grille
- Ten year warranty
- FREE SHIPPING - a $66 value per pair*
- FREE lifetime technical support
*Free shipping value is based on ground shipping costs from Portland, OR to New York, NY. Individual rates vary.
Customer Reviews For Verus Forte Tower Speaker
- Absoloutely Amazing! Jordan M.
- I had previously ordered the 4C center and the 4B bookshelf for surrounds and when it was time to order my 4T's to complete my set I saw that they were back ordered and I wouldn't get them until sometime in late March (I ordered in mid February) so I decided to spend a little more and try the Verus Fortes. Holy Crap these speakers are awesome! I have watched several movies and listened to hundreds of songs in the last month, and these babies sound better every day! Dare I say they sound even better than my brother's B&W 602 bookshelves for quality sound, and the bass extension is impressive for four inch woofers. If you are wondering if these are worth the increase in price over the 4T, I can't answer that because I never did a comparison, but these are the best speakers I have heard in my life and I love them. They are worth every penny, and I would say for what you get they are a bargain. Beautiful finish in piano black, and beautiful sound, another fantastic Aperion product!
- Really brings the room together. Sound comes out of them too. Jeremiah B.
- The sound quality is excellent when compared to my previous setup, which was some after-market earbuds attached to my iPhone, and levels beyond my first system, the "FisherPrice Music Box with little plastic records".
The first song I listened to was the speaker configuration tones that came with my Marantz receiver. This sounded terrible.
But when I started playing Mike Snow's "Animal" holy crap. That guy likes to run back and forth between the left and right channels while gently patting your midsection via the midwoofer. The sound was crisp but mellow, like some kind of goblet fashioned out of an apple holding a Caribbean rum. Maybe Pyrat XO Reserve in a Granny Smith?
I may have cried a little, but, you know, manly tears.
The towers themselves are like twin svelte sisters of the 2001 monolith, terrifying in their beauty. The black finish wasn't completely applied on one of the seams, so I guess maybe the monolith girls are just a little trashy, but somehow still classy, like a drunk Jennifer Connelly. For the price they should be flawless, but the flaw is so minor that it's picking nits really. Also I am lazy and didn't want to box them back up.
The customer service with Aperion is excellent, but the 30 day audition is a trick really, like offering someone a puppy for the weekend, "you know, just to see if you like it, no pressure man" and then it's so adorable you can't give it up and then you have this dog forever and it eats your conditioner creating a "poocano"... Though to be fair the speakers have not chewed any of my shoes and they sound a lot better reproducing Rossini's "Barber of Seville Overture".
I knocked a half star off because they did not call me during the "audition" to make sure that I was happy with my purchase and not half starved, tangled in stereo cable, my leg crushed under my plasma TV, throwing BluRays at the window in a vain attempt to get the attention of the neighborhood children.
- Good speaker teresa o.
- sound is very good but not stable enough,Too flimsy, not stable enough - but the sound is crispy clear. So I had to send them back becase my son accidently tapped it and it leaned to the side and I had to catch it. too "dangerous".
- Excellent Speakers Aaron W.
- I've owned a pair of Verus Fortes for about six months now and am very satisfied with them. I'm hearing all sorts of detail in my music that didn't stand out with my previous speakers (a pair of B&Ws). The treble is particularly detailed 'cymbals and guitar strings sound much more realistic' and they can play low and relatively powerful at the same time. The imaging is also fantastic. There seems to be a slight emphasis in the upper bass (which is easily fixable with eq) and the soundstage hasn't opened up quite as much as I'd like (but I'll take the imaging over this any day).
These speakers are also beautiful. My wife initially was pushing for tiny, invisible satellites. Now she regularly gushes about how nice the speakers look.
The purchasing experience was great my questions were answered promptly and the product was shipped quickly.
- Expect to make enemies, and then drown them out... Rubens S.
- It may be due to jealousy or because they can always can hear these things from around the block if you would them like to. The speakers are so clear and crisp when paired with a good amp that volume levels can reach ludicrous decibels while maintaining a pure, clean, crisp sound. I have never had a system that can recreate theater and game sound like this; everything is sharp and very realistic. I actually prefer watching movies at home now rather than trekking to the local Megaplex.
The finish is second to none, even the wife says it is some of the best looking furniture she has had the pleasure to look at, good thing for us is you can do more than just look at it... The only gripe I can come up with is a lack of fullness in the lower range, I suppose that is to be expected considering the size of the drivers and the relatively small size of the towers themselves. You will need a good subwoofer to get the full experience. These towers paired with matching center and surrounds provide a great Home theater experience, period.
- Incredible! Jon N.
- I have had a pair of these in an open concept living area for a few months - theoretically they are probably a little small for the space, but in reality they do a great job, and sound fantastic as the only two speakers in the room. Combined with a Cambridge Audio 650 Amp and various sources these speakers are incredible, I am hearing things in music that I swear weren't there before, even in recordings I am familiar with. I "pulled" a star from the Fit and Finish category because I did note that the finish is a little thin where the laquered sides meet the front - not really noticeable unless you are being picky. Also I don't like feet that came with the speakers for use on a hardwood floor, these little rubber pucks that the spike are supposed to sit on, I suppose, really not a usable option.Last but not least I was really torn between black or cherry - ended up ordering cherry but somehow ended up with black - this would be a regrettable mistake on the part of the shipping department but in the end I think I am happy with the black. I did contact Aperion CS about this and they were not only apologatic but assured me that this would be taken care of at no cost to me. In the end I decided I did not want to bother.... Thanks aperion!!! GREAT PRODUCT!!!!
- Verus Forte Tower (Upgrade from 502D\'s & Grand Verus Bookshelf) Erik M.
- First of all - what a fantastic Company, The customer service is outstanding. I have been working with them for years when they were still called Edge Audio. Long Story short; decided to upgrade my 502D 5.1 surround (of course w/a great old Edge Audio 12" sub) w/new Grand Verus Book Shelf for front main. X-Mas present for myself this past year 2011 - opened them up, beautiful finish. Monica & I both very impressed with fit & finish. Started listening, comparing sound w/old 502D, very rich & fuller - but noticed a high end "buzzing" sound @ times. Something was not right w/ one of the new speakers. Called Aperion back - within (3) days of calling - New Book Shelf arrived w/prepaid return on the old one (No questions asked). After listening for about two some weeks, thought this was it - ~ 50% improvement over the (502D) in richness & depth, thought I was happy. Come home from work a week later, Monica is on the phone w/Customer Service, I am asking whatjQuery152022250058335617462_1332284877096 She said we might as well do it right - ordered the upgrade to the Forte Tower & matching Forte Center (had a 522 VAC as Center). No problem - they sent them right out, new free shipping tags to return the Bookshelfs (after we had them for over 3 some weeks). BEST decision ever made, the sound is SO awesome, another jump up in sound performance over the Grand Verus Bookshelf - don't get me wrong - those bookshelfs rock! (the old 502D still work great for rear surround) These speakers add richness and a fuller depth of sound that is truly amazing. I/we can listen to at a higher volume - and no listener fatigue. Even cooking sometimes on weekends in a separate/connected room - the sound is still rich & full. I cannot believe I even questioned the decision to upgrade to the towers. These speakers sound so good - especially with the matched center - Movies are even better now. I would recommend these to anyone. In a larger home, I would not hesitate to consider the bigger brother. The speakers look amazing in fit and finish. (Even had a house guest comment on them) I cannot overemphasize what a value in sound, quality and customer service Aperion can provide. People that don't understand sound just don't get it. These are so worth every penny!!! Best Regards - Erik & Monica
Write Your Own Review
Pro Reviews For Verus Forte Tower Speaker
- Secrets of Home Theater and High Fidelity Review of the Verus Forte Tower System
- This review was for the Verus Forte Tower SD, the Verus Forte Tower is the centerpiece of this system.
"The Aperion Verus Forte system impressed me a lot. It delivered good all-around performance with cinema and music. The speakers had an articulate quality that communicated a lot of information from my high resolution sources. And the slim tower design, combined with the coincident array in the center produced a wide and uniform soundfield. The level of performance and the overall aesthetic available in the Aperion Forte system is so much more than its price would suggest. I recommend this nifty little system for someone with a small to medium size room who wants to maximize their purchasing power."
-- Jim Clements, Secrets of Home Theater and High Fidelity, June 2012
Read Full Review
- Sound and Vision Magazine Reviews the Verus Forte Tower System
- Winner of the 2011 Sound and Vision "Certified and Recommended" Award!
"This system is gorgeously finished, winningly compact, more-than-solid performing, and quite inexpensive given its looks, sound and presentation. Aperion's new family qualifies as a paragon of value-engineered audio."
- Daniel Kumin, Sound and Vision Magazine, September 2011
Read Full Review
- Big Picture Big Sound Gives the "Biggie" Award to the Verus Forte Speakers
- "In a world where we rely on communicating through third parties, it's nice to see a company that actually wants to rub elbows with its customers. Maybe they just love to be loved, because Aperion's Verus Forte Speaker Line has exactly the types of products you'll want to call them up and thank them for."
"...you can be assured that the value that these speakers offer is already exceptionally high, so the cash you invest in a Verus Forte system is indeed money well spent."
- Rachel Cericola, Big Picture Big Sound, May 2011
Read Full Review
- Digital Trends "Editors' Choice" Award Given to Aperion's Verus Forte Tower System
- "9 out of 10. Due to their excellent musicality, large sound in a small footprint and high value, the Verus Forte Towers earn our Editor's Choice Award."
"The sonic character of the Forte tower is remarkably big for a speaker of any size, let alone one as small as this."
"The soundstage and imaging properties of the speakers are both pleasing. The Forte towers have the sort of pinpoint center imaging that will get you out of your chair to see if the center channel is on when it shouldn't be. Even when not "toed in", the speakers had a way of placing vocals in the very center of the room. The soundstage exhibited a fair amount of depth, but the sound didn't seem to stretch out beyond the edge of the speakers as much as we'd expected. Still, every inch between them was filled out with some portion of our recording's presentation. This pair of speakers didn't really "disappear into the room"- they do call some attention to themselves, but in an engaging sort of "check me out" fashion that hits your ears with lots of nuances and texture."
"Aperion's Verus Forte speakers, particularly the floor-standing tower model, offer an appreciable improvement over the company's already solid Intimus offerings. The differences between the two lines is most obvious in the high frequency section where the tweeter's higher-power handling and lower frequency capabilities serve to make the speakers sound articulate, accurate and detailed enough to satisfy just about any critical listener. Their more stylistic cabinets add to the speaker's refinement and make a pleasant statement in a room. At $495.00 each, the Verus Forte Tower represents a very solid value, if a bit more expensive than the company's Intimus line. We think these speakers will appeal to budget-audiophiles who want a speaker that challenges the law of diminishing returns by offering an incredibly refined, full bodied sound in an attractive package under the $1k price poin"
New One-inch Aperion Axially Stabilized Radiator
We engineered the new silk dome ASR to handle frequencies beneath most tweeters. Now the mid-high frequencies emit the same crystalline tones as their counterparts in the penthouse. From the pluck of a violin string to the screech of tires, the result is pure, authentic sound.
Two 4.5" Kevlar Woofers
We use the strongest material coupled with extra-long voice coils to decrease distortion and bring in those low frequencies you love. Strong enough to drive the low end without a dedicated subwoofer, the bass response of the Forte Tower is truly inspiring.
One 4.25" Kevlar Midrange Driver with Aluminum Phase Plug
The mid-range drivers with aluminum phase plugs increase the Verus line’s power handling and dynamic range, filling the middle of the sonic spectrum. By recreating the full harmonics of a singer’s voice, the Verus Forte speakers produce vocals as rich as the Rockefellers.
The slim curves of the Verus line’s first-rate cabinetry make us think "supermodel"—but the primo acoustic qualities means she’d have to sound as good as she looks. The finishing touch for every Verus speaker is a high-gloss cherry-wood veneer or piano-black lacquer that’s so right for every décor, your coffee table will be jealous.
Bi-ampable 5-way gold-plated binding posts
Bi-ampable is the techie way of saying you can connect one amplifier to the woofer and the other to the combined mid and tweeter. Separating the low- and high-frequency wiring helps eliminate interaction, isolate power and reduce distortion.
The 5-way gold-plated binding posts let you connect your speakers any which way you choose: bare wire, banana plugs, spades, round pins or flat pins. Not only does the gold plating give your system some bling, it also serves a more practical purpose: to resist corrosion and provide the best possible connection to your receiver.
Magnetically Held Perforated Metal Grilles
To protect the speaker innards from accidents, pets or curious fingers, the entire Verus line sports perforated metal grilles that let sound flow through unchecked, improving imaging and reducing high-frequency reflection. Hidden magnets hold the grilles in recessed baffles.
Floor Spikes and Feet
Each Verus Forte Tower speaker comes with a set of floor spikes and feet. Isolating the cabinet from the floor can reduce vibrations and produce tighter bass.
|Frequency Response||(+/- 3dB) 53-20,000 Hz -- (+/- 6dB) 47-22,000 Hz|
|Recommended Power||20 - 300 Watts|
|Tweeter||1" Custom Aperion ASR Tweeter|
|Midrange||4.25" Woven Kevlar Mid-Range with Aluminum Phase Plug|
|Woofer||Two 4.25" Woven Kevlar Woofers|
|Enclosure Type||Anti-Resonant, Internally Braced, Rear Ported|
|Dimensions||35" H x 6" W x 8.25" D|
|Placement Location||Front Speakers|
You might also like:
- If satellite size speakers fit your space better, the Verus Forte won't fall short in terms of sound – actually, we think you'll be amazed. These petite speakers handle movie surround with ease, while adding to the aesthetics of your room.
- Immerse yourself in surround sound. Perfect for home theater and multi-channel music, the Verus Surround Speakers envelop you in the action and deluge your room with amazing surround sound.
- Our top-of-the-line Verus Grand Tower is your ticket into the show. Now you can bask in true-to-life sound at a price that keeps the experience sweet.
- The Verus Forte Center Channel speaker nimbly manages sound from the middle of your screen, to pull you right into the heart of your movie or music video.