If you are searching for an A/V receiver with high quality sound and all of the latest features but don’t want to break the bank, look no further than the Marantz SR5008. Boasting seven discrete component amplifiers that can each dish out 100 watts over the entire frequency bandwidth, the high quality power and detailed sound that it delivers are just what your Aperion speakers need for their dynamic sound to come through loud and clear.
Not only does the SR5008 provide a refined sound and look to integrate seamlessly with your Aperion speakers, but it also comes packed with all of the features that you could ask for from a superior receiver. Amazing Network funtionality and streaming audio from internet sources such as Pandora, Spotify and SirusXM(with subscription) along with thousands of internet radio staions gives you access to all the music you need. Also included is Airplay capability that allows you to stream wirelessly from your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch with ease.
Additionally, it’s 3D ready with HDMI 1.4 and includes all of the latest high resolution audio decoders such as Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio, the Marantz SR5008 7.2 Network Home Theater A/V Receiver also includes Dolby Pro Logic IIz decoding so you can connect front height speakers for a dramatically expanded front soundstage. USB connectivity for iPods or Smartphones, backlit learning remote and Audyssey MultEQXT , Dynamic EQ and Dynamic Volume add to the arsenal of sound enhancments. The SR5008 also supports the latest 4K Ultra HD high-resolution video standard, allowing you to play 4K videos on compatible displays and projectors.
Finally it’s now easier to use than ever with an all new graphic user interface and new on screen Setup Assistant. If you have an A/V need, the SR5008 has the solution!
- Seven discrete component 100 watt amplifiers
- Seven HDMI 1.4 inputs with 3D and networking capabilities as well as Audio Return Channel which can send audio from your display to the receiver without any extra cabling
- DLNA 1.5 certified with Airplay and streaming from Pandora, Spotify, Rhapsody, Napster and flickr
- Dolby TrueHD, Digital Plus, Pro Logic IIz, Dolby EX DTS HD Master and High Resolution Audio, Discrete Matrix 6.1, 96/24, Neo:6
- HDAM (Hyper Dynamic Amplifier Module) and Current Feedback allows for ultra fast slew rate and maximum dynamic range to deliver optimum sound quality with today’s high resolution audio formats.
- USB connectivity provides a digital connection for iPods and Smartphones Connector for wireless data transmission through the optional RX101 Bluetooth/IR module.
- Audyssey MultEQ XT analyzes and corrects for room effects Audyssey Dynamic Volume maintains constant audio levels such as reducing the perceived loudness of commercials to minimize their intrusiveness Audyssey Dynamic EQ keeps balance of treble and bass across different volume levels
- Backlit learning remote
- MDAX circuitry restores missing high frequency information from compressed audio formats
- Three limited year warranty
|Amplifier Power||100 watts/channel|
|Dimensions||17.3"W x 6.3”H x 13.2”D|
Well made and excellent valuePosted on 10/12/2013 Purchased this with my Intimus setup and could not be happier. The sound is very clean and its obvious the technology present in this receiver is top notch. I was really impressed with how balanced the highs and lows are out of the box and how well Audyssey MultEQ XT took it up to the next level. 100watts per channel is plenty to drive 4 5B's, 1 5C and the 8D. I personally love the porthole design and overall aesthetics. In general this is a much smaller profile than the Onkyo or Elite's in the same price range.
For those debating the 5008 vs the 6008 here is my take. If you don't have a need for HDMI out for zone 2 or DSD ( SA-CD) then the extra 10w per channel might not be worth the $300 dollars. Also the 5008 is going to be a few inches more shallow than the 6008 which happened to be a positive for my current furniture.
Overall couldn't be happier! Its a perfect match with the Aperion Intimus setup.