More information for Intimus 6-DT Stereo In-Ceiling Speaker
Fill every room of your home with clear Aperion sound. Perfect for distributed audio or smaller rooms where a single speaker is all you need, the 6-DT speakers disappear into your ceiling and do the job of two traditional in-ceiling speakers! You just wire up both the left and right channels to a single 6-DT speaker, aim the tweeters where you’d like them to go, and the 6-DT does the rest -- playing the soundtrack to your life throughout your home.
The 6-DT mounts into your existing sheetrock for easy installation. Simply cut your hole with the included template, connect your wires with the removable binding post blocks, and then insert into the ceiling. All that’s left is to tighten the dog-ear brackets with a standard screwdriver. Voila!
- Connect both left and right channels to a single speaker
- 2-way speaker configuration
- 6.5" woven fiberglass woofer with dual voice coil
- Twin adjustable 1" silk dome tweeters with no-diffraction
- Tweeter-level adjustment switch
- Paintable metal grill to match your décor
All Aperion Audio speakers come with a Ten Year Warranty, FREE SHIPPING (a $14 value per pair*), and FREE lifetime customer support.
*Free shipping value is based on ground shipping costs from Portland, OR to New York, NY. Individual rates vary.
Customer Reviews For Intimus 6-DT Stereo In-Ceiling Speaker
- Wow! What a difference. Steve
- We have a whole-house audio system, which until today, was mostly basic speakers. They were definitely not audiophile grade, but they sounded decent. The Intimus 6-DT installed quick and immediately we have an entirely different level of sound. It is amazing the amount of perfect audio the one speaker can put out. Even my wife, who is definitely not an audiophile, walked into the living area saying, "Wow, that sounds so much better".
We could not be happier with this purchase and will slowly replace all of our ceiling speakers with the Intimus 6-DT.
Write Your Own Review
Pro Reviews For Intimus 6-DT Stereo In-Ceiling SpeakerWe're sorry, we don't have any reviews for this product yet
Dual Aimable 1" Audiophile-Grade Silk-Dome Tweeter
Because your speakers are going in a wall or ceiling, it’s not always easy to get the tweeter at ear level. By using an aimable tweeter, the crucial high frequencies can be directed toward the listening position for optimal performance. Our aimable, 1-inch, audiophile-grade, silk dome tweeter has been engineered for the best in sonic performance. The smooth sound of our silk tweeter ensures a warm, natural sound with no harsh aftertaste, and we use ferrofluid cooling for high power handling, smooth response, and an amazingly pure, natural, distortion free sound. This tweeter is the high point of the speaker… literally.
Angled 6.5" Long-Throw Dual Voice Coil Woofer
Our custom 6.5" dual voice coil woofer is the heart and soul of your 6-IC speaker. The woofer is made of strong and lightweight woven fiberglass, offering a quick and accurate response. It fills your room with beautiful music and soundtracks that seemingly come out of nowhere. The angled woofer and dual voice coil design offers superior bass performance no matter where you install them in your room.
Customizable Bass and Treble Equalization
Always get the most out of your speakers -- without compromise! Separate +/- 3 dB bass and treble equalization switches allow you to adjust the sound to your preference no matter what kind of installation challenges you face.
Paintable Frame and Grille
Paint your in-ceiling speakers any color you wish to match your décor! A perforated, paintable aluminum grille is included with each speaker. We've designed all of our in-wall and in-ceiling speakers to be a permanent part of your home -- the speaker frames are made from high-impact, UV resistant ABS that is strong and lightweight. Like your home itself, they are built to last.
In-Ceiling Mounting System
Installing your speakers has never been easier. All of our in-ceiling speakers come with an installation template and a dog ear clip drywall mounting system. Simply use the template to cut the proper hole, hook up the wires, insert the speaker and tighten into place with a screwdriver. All that’s left is to sit back, relax and enjoy.
|Cut Out Dimensions||8" Round|
|Frequency Response||50 Hz-22,000 Hz|
|Recommended Power||20-200 Watts|
|Tweeter||Dual Aimable 1” Silk Tweeters|
|Woofer||6.5” Dual Voice Coil Woven Fiberglass Mid-Woofer|
|Enclosure Type||Infinite Baffle Design|
|Dimensions||9" Diameter x 5" Deep|
|Product Family||Intimus Architectural|
|Placement Location||Distributed Audio|
You might also like:
- The all-new Intimus L6-IW In-Wall speaker delivers realistic and beautiful home theater sound paired with the clean, minimalist look of an in-wall speaker – all at a great price.
- In the past, buying an in-ceiling speaker meant sacrificing sound quality - not anymore! Now you can get the clean look of an in-ceiling speaker with the life-like sound reproduction of a cabinet speaker.