More information for ZVOX Z-BASE 580 Sound Bar System
The sound quality of the Z-BASE 580 is the next best thing to a full 5.1 system. Inside the 36" x 16.5" x 5" cabinet you'll find five 3.25" high-performance speakers and dual 6.5" powered subwoofers for window-rattling bass. The ZVOX PhaseCue II virtual surround sound system creates three-dimensional sound without the need for multiple speakers throughout the room. Movies come to life with vibrant, realistic, high-impact sound. Music sounds accurate and natural. And vocals on TV shows come through with incredible clarity. The result is a very smooth, very accurate sound.
Great Sound. Let's face it, the sound from most TV speakers these days is abysmal. The easiest way to improve it is to use a sound bar like the Z-Base 580! The 580 uses a new amplifier design with extremely accurate frequency response and a warm, natural sound and surprisingly powerful bass. It uses dual 6.5" powered subwoofers in a spacious cabinet (equal in interior volume to a 14" x 14" x 14" subwoofer box). The result is accurate, window-rattling bass down to 34Hz. No other all-in-one home theater system even comes close.
Remarkable vocal clarity. The 580 adds a stunning new feature: Dialog Emphasis (DE). When you push the "DE" button on the included remote control you engage a circuit that mimics the functions of a hearing aid. The frequencies used by human voices are emphasized and compressed, while other frequencies are minimized. We don't know of any other speaker system that provides such an easy-to-use and effective method for improving the intelligibility of television dialog. Uses Your Remote Control. The new Z-Base system can be programmed to respond to your remote control. The illuminated display walks you through a less-than-a-minute programming cycle. Then your TV remote...or cable box remote...or satellite receiver remote...or ANY remote...can control volume, mute, power and input functions of the ZVOX system.
PhaseCue® II Virtual Surround Sound. The 580 uses ZVOX's proprietary PhaseCue II virtual surround processing to give you rich, three-dimensional sound with movies or music. With music, PhaseCue II creates a very wide soundstage, you won't believe all that sound is coming from one place! When listening to a good movie, the soundtrack will envelop you - putting you in the middle of the action. While no virtual surround system will give you the same surround effects of a good 5.1 system, the ZVOX 580 does a remarkable job. Sound & Vision magazine calls our PhaseCue system "remarkably ingenious."
Green Design. The 580 uses a highly-efficient Class D digital amplifier. Even playing at quite loud volumes, it usually uses less than 10 watts of total power. And standby power usage tends to hover around 0.1 watts - making it one of the "greenest" audio systems ever made.
User Reviews For ZVOX Z-BASE 580 Sound Bar SystemWe're sorry, we don't have any reviews for this product yet
Pro Reviews For ZVOX Z-BASE 580 Sound Bar System
- Home Theater Magazine Reviews the Z-Base 580
- "Once you hear a 580 and discover how easy it is to use, I seriously doubt you'll ever want to part with it."
--Lawrence E. Ullman, Home Theater Magazine
Read Full Review
- Home Theater Review on the Z-Base 580
- "The overall sound from the Zvox is quite impressive. . . and the bass performance did not disappoint"
--Alex Lezcano, Home Theater Review
Read Full Review
- Rear inputs: (2) analog stereo inputs, (1) digital (Toslink) optical input, (1) coaxial digital input.
- Front input: (1) 3.5mm stereo front panel input.
- Includes stereo RCA to RCA cable and remote control
- Virtual surround sound: The 580 uses ZVOX's proprietary PhaseCue II virtual surround sound processing. PhaseCue II, as its name implies, manipulates the phase of the separate channels to "fool the ear" into believing that sound is coming from a variety of sources throughout the room.
- Dolby Digital Surround Processing
- Five 3.25" long throw main drivers and 6.5" long throw subwoofers
- Can be programmed to work with any IR remote with easy to use programming feature.
- Output Leveling (OL) feature makes soft sounds louder and loud sounds softer, so there are fewer jarring moments when switching channels or when commercials come on.
- Wood (MDF) Cabinet With Hand-Lacquered Side Panels
- One Year Limited Warranty
|Dimensions||36"W x 16.5"D x 5"H|
|Amplifier Power||High-efficiency 120 watt Class D digital amplifier|
|Frequency Response||34 Hz – 20 kHz|
You might also like:
- Now your budget doesn't need to stand in the way of room-shaking bass. The Bravus 8A packs the same acoustic and build quality of our Bravus line into a subwoofer that sounds fantastic at a great price. An 8" aluminum cone driver and 100 watts of power will give your movies and music that visceral punch that only great home theater can deliver.
- With a box just over 12 inches on a side, the 8D looks like a lightweight. That's why the amount of bass this tough little subwoofer puts out is almost criminal. The key? A tour de force consisting of 300 watts of power, a single active down-firing 8-inch driver and twin 8-inch side-firing passive radiators on the sides.
- Given the model number, it's no surprise this subwoofer is a perfect 10, with the goods to deliver the lower end of the spectrum in solid style. The 10D combines a solo active down-firing 10-inch driver and a duo of 10-inch side-firing passive radiators, then fires them up with 500 potent watts.
- Get ready to rumble! If you've got a large room and a yen to pack it with sound so aggressive you push the walls out, bigger is better. We've bumped up the power on the 12D to 650 watts to make that happen. For the Big Daddy, we added a 12-inch aluminum down-firing driver to a pair of 12-inch aluminum side-firing passive radiators.
- Make your system shake the foundation with our High Performance Subwoofer Cable. Deep, powerful and articulate bass that just might disturb the neighbors if you’re not careful.