More information for Intimus 5T Hybrid HD
The Intimus 5T Hybrid HD home theater speaker system will amaze you with its flawless performance. Start with two 5T towers with their tight bass, full midrange and crisp, realistic highs then add the striking vocal clarity of the 5C vertical array center. Two 5B bookshelf speakers immerse you in the action and the Bravus 10D subwoofer brings home the huge, explosive bass. You’ll hear so many things you have been missing that you’ll need to schedule extra time to listen to your entire CD library all over again.
If Goldilocks had a home theater, this would be it… Not too big, not too small but just right for most living rooms and family rooms. The Intimus 5T Hybrid HD System will seriously impress you with huge sound in a small package.
FREE SHIPPING - a $180 Value for 5.1 system*
FREE CUSTOMER CARE KIT
FREE lifetime customer support
TEN YEAR WARRANTY on drivers and cabinets
TWO YEAR WARRANTY on the subwoofer amplifier.
*Free shipping value is based on ground shipping costs from Portland, OR to New York, NY. Individual rates vary.
Customer Reviews For Intimus 5T Hybrid HD
- Give them time. JAMES B.
- When I first got these speakers, I thought, "They sound good, but not $2500 good." Trust me, give them time. Once properly calibrated and given the time to break in, they are awesome. I like to listen to music, but it is the subversiveness of movies, especially blu-rays, that gets me excited. Twice as good as the theater. If only I could get my wife to stop talking in the middle of the films.
- Appointment Listening Dana B.
- I have this system - built, as Aperion Audio says on its home page, over time - with two 422 Satellite speakers in the back of my listening area making up a 7.1 configuration.
First, I agree completely with the copy on the product page that says "You'll hear so many things you have been missing that you'll need to schedule extra time to listen to your entire CD library all over again." (How often have you found that a manufacturer's claim about a product is not exaggerated?) In a time when the economy is taking a nose dive, I find myself returning to simple pleasures. I am rediscovering the quality in the music CDs I already own by taking the time to really listen to them, really "hearing" them for the first time. Not "multi-tasking" by reading a magazine or the newspaper while the music is playing. The sound is so good, it compels my attention.
I am a fan of Jonathan Schwartz's "High Standards" three hour segment on satellite radio channel 73 Monday through Saturday. Four hours on Sunday. A recent reviewer called it "appointment listening." I find myself doing just that. Making time to really listen to the American standards music he plays. Oh, the joy. The rapture.
You owe it to yourself to try this setup. Nonpareil.
- Sound studio in my living room Patrick W.
- This system is very precise in the reproduction of any track. It puts you right in the middle of the action in any movie and doubles your room as a recording studio of your favorite musician. The Aperion Guru's are a blast to work with and are very knowledgeable. They are quick to respond to questions with not only answers, but GOOD answers. If you're on the fence about getting an Aperion system, my advice...give it a shot. With the 30-day in home audition, what have you got to lose?!
- Work Great - Sound Great Joseph T.
- I've had this system for roughly 3 months. What can I say? They sound terrific. Read the reviews on the individual components. What's nice is everything is matched. Out of the box (and the classy velvet bags) they work. I have this system connected to a Yamaha RX-V1800. I had to tweak things when I first set it up (thanks for the sound meter Aperion!) and haven't touched it since. I thought the system sounded good when I first hooked them up but they only got better as they broke in. I went for the cherry finish to match my decor - the finish is fantastic and you'll be proud to show them to your friends.
Write Your Own Review
Pro Reviews For Intimus 5T Hybrid HD
- Audioholics Consumer Excellence Award - Bravus 10D, February 2010
- The Aperion Audio Bravus 10D Powered Subwoofer won the Audioholics "Consumer Excellence Award" 2009 for in the Compact Subwoofer category.
"The Aperion Bravus 10D subwoofer completes the Home Theater system by providing accurate low frequency reproduction, ranging from smooth musical bass tones to the immersive low end rumble that many movie enthusiasts expect from a much larger enclosure. The Bravus 10D's design incorporates dual 10-inch custom aluminum drivers that enable the performance of a typical 12-inch driver and cabinet design in a much smaller package. The subwoofer's easy to use EQ presets, and user customizable EQ settings, with a remote control, let the music and movie enthusiast adjust the settings to quickly make up for differences in the content without leaving the listening position. Given its size and value, a serious bass head can easily integrate 2 or 4 of the Bravus 10D subwoofers to ensure every seat in their theater room provides an equally good tactile experience."
- Gene DellaSala, Audioholics, February 2010
Read Full Review
- Audioholics Reviews the Bravus 10D Subwoofer, March 2010
- The Aperion Bravus 10D is the "HD" component of this home theater speaker system.
Performance Rating: 4 out of 5
Value Rating: 4 out of 5
The Aperion Bravus 10D integrates well with low to medium efficiency speakers and never sounds boomy. No matter how hard I drove it, it didn't bottom out or falter. Aperion Audio has done their homework by employing good driver design in a small enclose that limits the maximum excursion the drivers can reach ensuring they won't bottom or stress when driven to maximum output.
The Aperion Bravus 10D is an attractive, potent little subwoofer at a reasonable price. It certainly doesn't have the output and extension of its larger peers but that's a tradeoff one must live with if they want a small box to better blend into their room décor. In that aspect the Bravus 10D is all aces.
While the Bravus 10D has impressive output for its size, I'd recommend it for small to medium sized rooms (< 2500ft^3). I'd personally recommend saving your dollars to purchase a second 10D which if strategically placed in the room provide the output of a single larger subwoofer, with smoother bass response for your entire listening area. After hearing dual subwoofers properly set up in a theater room you will find you can never go back to a single subwoofer system. Given the diminutive size of the 10D, it would be very easy to place two of these in most family rooms without drawing much attention to them. There should be no excuses for NOT setting up dual subs in your theater room. Aperion Audio makes this very easy for you with their small, potent Bravus offerings.
- Gene DellaSala, Audioholics, March 2010
Read Full Review
- WINNER: Bestcovery.com "Best Pick" Award for Home Theater Systems Under $3000, 5T Hybrid HD
- The Intimus 5T Hybrid HD system was selected by Bestcovery.com as one of their "Best Picks" for home theater systems under $3,000.
- Bestcovery.com, December 2009
See the Full Review
- Enjoy the Music Budget Speaker Shootout Review of the 5B
- "First impressions of the Intimus 5B is that they are extraordinarily well built, and boast a fit & finish that would not be out of place on speakers four times their price."
"...they delivered enough detail to be lively, but weren't so ruthlessly revealing as to spoil it. Vocals were excellent across the board on the Aperions as Natalie Merchant sounded great on Tigerlily, as did Brian Johnson on Back in Black. Electric guitars had plenty of grit and impact. The 5Bs can rock!"
- Clarke Robinson - enjoythemusic.com, May 2009
See the Full Shootout
Included Products: Intimus 5T Hybrid HD-Gloss Black-5.1
- Middling in size and anything but in sound, the Intimus 5T Tower speaker delivers the gamut of music and theatrical sound with authority and efficiency.
- The Intimus 5C Center Channel creates dialog so real, you may talk back. Our award-winning design combines a tweeter and mid-woofer in a vertical array that handles the frequencies other woofers really shouldn't.
- The new Intimus 5B Bookshelf is making a bid for even greater popularity than its predecessors, with the same small form factor and fulfilling sound.
- The eternal problem solved - you want a sub that can deliver serious impact, but your significant other insists that size matters, and in this case smaller is much better. The 10D represents the best of both worlds!
You might also like:
- Looking for a little extra kick for your home theater, but don’t want to spend the kids’ inheritance? Set your eyes squarely on the flexible and versatile Intimus 5B Harmony SD system.
- The striking good looks and exquisite sound of the Verus Grand Tower, shrunk down to fit into any living space. The Verus Forte Tower SD brings the big sound of Verus to rooms both big and small.
- The Verus Forte Tower paired up with the Verus Surround makes for a space-saving tower system that turns your medium room into the local movie house. The powerful younger sibling of the Verus Grand Tower marries pure acoustics and perfect aesthetics in a space-saving size.