More information for Peachtree Audio decco65 Stereo Amplifier
The Reasons It Sounds So Good
- The ESS Sabre Digital to Analog Converter is widely recognized as the world’s best DAC when dealing with hostile digital components like computers and streamers.
- The 24/192 Asynchronous USB Input provides the best possible processing from this port and furthers the efforts of the ESS Sabre DAC.
- Galvanic Isolation Typically reserved for more expensive DAC circuits, galvanic isolation prevents electrical noise from entering the DAC board on all grounded digital inputs.
- The Tube Buffer uses a stereo triode 6N1P to smooth the harsh digital edge found in poor recordings and compressed audio.
- The Amplifier uses the same technology found in very expensive premium amplifiers.
- The Headphone Amp switches the speakers off when your headphones are inserted, so even when a quiet environment is required, you can still fill your head with lush high resolution music.
Digital to Analog Converter
The ESS Sabre Digital to Analog Converter is widely recognized as the worldʼs best DAC when dealing with hostile digital components like computers and streamers. Jitter is all but eliminated leaving a beautiful digital canvas as a base. The art of this DAC comes in with the hundreds of additional parts and multiple power supplies designed around the ESS chip that work in unison to produce the Peachtree sonic signature.
The 24/192 Asynchronous USB Input provides the best possible processing from this port and furthers the efforts of the ESS Sabre DAC. Asynchronous communication allows a high precision clock inside the decco65 to control the timing of the bitstream from the computer to the DAC. USB implementation is one of the more difficult tasks in the real world of computer audio.
Galvanic Isolation Typically reserved for more expensive DAC circuits, galvanic isolation prevents electrical noise from entering the DAC board on all grounded digital inputs. Any contamination due to the switching power supply, multiple ground points, and high speed processing is isolated from the DAC so nothing but pure 1ʼs and 0ʼs reach the DAC circuit.
The Tube Buffer uses a stereo triode 6N1P to smooth the harsh digital edge found in poor recordings and compressed audio. It can be switched on or off from the remote control to match your preference at any given time. We find it especially good for Pandora, MOG, Spotify and most cloud-based listening.
The Amplifier section of the decco65 uses the same technology found in very expensive premium amplifiers. This high performance Class D design has the ability to drive 65 watts per channel into 8 ohms and 95 watts per channel into 4 ohms with a very natural sound. The decco65 has the sonic signature of a great A/B amp with the power efficiency of Class D. Its combination of low distortion, high bandwidth, and energy efficiency makes it the ideal partner to the decco65 digital front end and hybrid tube preamp.
Just You and Your Music
The Headphone Amp in the decco65 switches the speakers off when your headphones are inserted, so even when a quiet environment is required, you can still fill your head with lush high-resolution music. The headphone output runs through the tube stage so you can enjoy that smooth tube sound in solitude.
Customer Reviews For Peachtree Audio decco65 Stereo Amplifier
- Just awesome, buy one NOW! scott
- Picked this amp up the other day at a local shop and have it hook to the Intimus 6B speakers. I thought this amazing sounding amp more than deserves a review on here. I have it playing from my computer via usb and high res music just sounds incredible. First thing i thought after playing few songs was, this is the reason Hi-Fi audio is fun, for THIS kind of sound. Detail, especially in voices, and clarity in all music is unreal. Definitely exceeded my expectations. Punchy and very lively kind of sound and never sounding harsh, of course all this is aperion\'s awesome speakers at work here too. If your looking for better stereo sound than what your mid range surround receiver provides, do not hesitate one more second to try this one out i cannot recommend it enough. That\'s what these speakers used to be powered by, a mid range yamaha receiver, and this amp has COMPLETELY transformed the sound out of the 6B\'s. My main system consists of the VGT\'s and a marantz amp so i have a comparison on how good this setup sounds. Tons of power for a 65w rating. This is seriously good sound people and an amp i will most certainly be very happy to have for a long time. Great Job peachtree, I am a fan. 6/11/14
Pro Reviews For Peachtree Audio decco65 Stereo Amplifier
- Stereo Mojo Reviews the Peachtree decco65
- "This is truly a "Swiss Army knife" of a component. It is so versatile that it can find a useful role in almost any system. It is priced low and compact enough to be perfect for that second system in the bedroom/office/cottage, and yet the DAC and preamp perform well enough to be placed in a primary system with judicious selection of speakers. A college student would love one of these. I bought this one and would love to have another. "
--Lorin Elias, Stereo Mojo
Read Full Review
Class D amp modules 65 watts per channel <0.5% distortion into 8 Ohms
95 watts per channel <0.5% distortion 4 Ohms, 20Hz-50kHz +/- 0.1dB
Hybrid tube design (triode 6N1P) 5V output @ 2.0V input
Max output: 7V rms / 11.2V peak
Class A output stage <50Ω
Class A output with 6N1P tube in the circuit
Maximum output power: 100mW into 8 Ohms / 300mW into 150 Ohms / 150mW into 300 Ohms
Output impedance: <30 Ohms
Suitable for all electrodynamic headphones
ESS Sabre 9023 Upsampling 24/192
Sampling Rates : 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176, 192
USB Asynchronous up to 24/192
Optical Up to 24/192
Coax Up to 24/192
<3ps jitter measured at master clock
Trigger: Automatically turns on another triggered device.
USB Digital Input: Takes digital audio-content from your computerʼs USB and sends it to the Sabre DAC via asynchronous communication.
Optical Input: Common on CD players, cable boxes, Apple products, and other digital audio sources.
Coax 1 and 2: Common on CD players, Sonos players, Slim Devices Squeezebox, and a host of other digital audio sources.
Aux: Common on tape decks, phono boxes, and a host of other audio sources. We recommend using a digital connection when possible to take advantage of the Sabre DAC.
Pre Out: For external amp or subwoofer.
Speaker Terminals: 5 way binding posts. Spades, banana plugs or bare speaker wire.
Standby Switch: Turns mains on and off.
Detachable Power Cord
Voltage Switching: For international
300w max <1w standby
2 years parts and labor
|Dimensions||4.37” x 14.8” x 11.5”|