More information for Verus Forte Center Channel Speaker
The Verus Forte Center Channel speaker handles the center of attention like it was made for it—which, of course, it was. We kept in mind that most of the action in a movie or music video takes place smack dab in the middle of the screen. To make sure you hear every sound wave—and every ripple—our crew put on thinking caps (which double as rain hats in soggy Portland), then got to work. The upshot: our new Aperion PhaseSync driver, which couples the woofer with our patent-pending Axially Stabilized Resonator™ tweeter to keep the speaker as small as possible without sacrificing a bit of sound.
The Verus Forte Center can also handle being the center of attention, and why not? You’d be in the limelight too if you looked this good. We’ve enclosed the speaker in a slim, curvaceous cabinet, then wrapped it in a glossy finish that adds shine to any room. And though this speaker screams high-end, you’ll find the price makes it easily within reach.
- 3-Way, Sealed Enclosure design
- One 4.25" Aperion PhaseSync Driver with Integrated ASR Tweeter
- One 4.25" Woven Kevlar® Woofer
- One 4.25" Woven Kevlar® Passive Radiator
- Curvilinear cabinet with compound angles and internal bracing
- Furniture-grade gloss cherry wood veneer or gloss piano black finish
- 5-Way Gold-plated Binding Posts
- Acoustically transparent cloth -covered metal grille
- Ten year warranty
- FREE SHIPPING - a $25 value*
- FREE lifetime technical support
*Free shipping value is based on ground shipping costs from Portland, OR to New York, NY. Individual rates vary.
Customer Reviews For Verus Forte Center Channel Speaker
- the best speakers Mike N.
- the sound is clear and the colors are beautiful
- Great sound. Would definitely recommend this for your center channel. Kevin V.
- Okay, so I have owned this speaker for a couple months now. I promised not to make a review until after I "broke it in". Usually I don't even believe in breaking in, but I wanted to give the most helpful review I could. When I first listened to these speakers I have to be honest the sound wasn't as "open" as I had hoped (like it was straining or hard to drive or something or other along those lines). I liked the sound but it wasn't exactly what I was hoping for. After a few weeks though I just immediately fell in love with the sound. Voices sound very natural. In fact, I am one of those guys who really prefers listening to stereo music in 2 channels. But, with this center I am actually find myself turning on multi-channel stereo because of the extra live-ness of the vocals. From what I can tell it actually improves the soundstage rather than harming it. Others might disagree completely with that statement but that is what I have noticed from my own listening. Anyways, I recommend this center. Oh, and two more things, customer service is great at Aperion and the finish on the speaker is amazing.
- Awesome Center Channel Speaker Victress W.
- My husband and I drove down to the Aperion Showroom in February 2012 and listened to their forte and grand forte speakers. This center channel speaker sounded crisp, clear, full and looked beautiful. Once we heard it, our minds were made up. We have had it for a couple of weeks now and have no regrets whatsoever! Thanks to Jason for all his help!
- Competent Center Speaker Scott A.
The Verus Forte Center is the first legitimate center channel that I've listened to in my home theater setup. There is a marked increase in voice and dialogue detail, enhanced imaging over running just left and right speakers, and the VFC contributes to a much more immersive and enjoyable listening experience!
Currently, I'm running a pair of Verus Grand Bookshelves as my main left and right speakers in my living room. I have them paired with a HSU VTF-15H subwoofer for the low end (crossed over at 80hz) and these are mated to a Marantz 6005 receiver. My listening area is about 13ft by 13ft, but the room is about 21 feet long by 13 feet wide. The VFC is added to this, and crossed over at 80hz as well.
The VFC improves upon an already solid foundation created by the VGBs in my system. Vocals are even more natural sounding now! Voices like Diana Krall and Melody Gardot sound amazing! Imaging is even helped as well giving much more pinpoint accuracy not only to the vocals, but to instruments and sounds across the entire soundstage! The VFC seems to blend very well with the VGBs.
Wow, dialogue is a lot cleaner! I thought I had it good with just the VGBs! My wife and I are spending a lot less time rewinding the movie to figure out what was said! Dialogue in movies is great, very clear and detailed. Panning sounds from left to right or right to left are seamless, and the added detail of the on screen effects is really cool to experience!
This is a great little center channel that really adds to the music and movie experience! As far as I can tell there aren't really any shortcomings with this speaker. It never sounded congested and I didn't hear it strain. If you are looking to add a center to your system, this would be a great choice!
- nice center teresa o.
- Crispy and clear sound - not to bulky - nice and small - rounded speaker.
Pro Reviews For Verus Forte Center Channel Speaker
- Big Picture Big Sound Gives the "Biggie" Award to the Verus Forte Speakers
- "In a world where we rely on communicating through third parties, it's nice to see a company that actually wants to rub elbows with its customers. Maybe they just love to be loved, because Aperion's Verus Forte Speaker Line has exactly the types of products you'll want to call them up and thank them for."
"...you can be assured that the value that these speakers offer is already exceptionally high, so the cash you invest in a Verus Forte system is indeed money well spent."
- Rachel Cericola, Big Picture Big Sound, May 2011
Read Full Review
- Digital Trends "Editor's Choice" for the Verus Forte Tower System
- "9 out of 10. Due to their excellent musicality, large sound in a small footprint and high value, the Verus Forte Towers earn our Editor's Choice Award."
"...the center channel does a pretty remarkable job. We isolated the center during some of our multi-channel listening sessions and we were very impressed with its robust and tonally accurate sound. Musically, the center channel holds up very well in comparison with its towering brothers. As a dialogue machine, the Forte center channel puts the movie track right in your face. Dialogue was intelligible and never got buried by the surrounding tracks. In small and medium sized rooms, the Forte center is all the center channel one is likely to need. Larger rooms might benefit from a larger model of speaker, but even in those cases, the Forte should be able to satisfy all but the most critical of listeners."
"Aperion's Verus Forte speakers, particularly the floor-standing tower model, offer an appreciable improvement over the company's already solid Intimus offerings. The differences between the two lines is most obvious in the high frequency section where the tweeters higher-power handling and lower frequency capabilities serve to make the speakers sound articulate, accurate and detailed enough to satisfy just about any critical listener. Their more stylistic cabinets add to the speaker's refinement and make a pleasant statement in a room. At $495.00 each, the Verus Forte Tower represents a very solid value, if a bit more expensive than the company's Intimus line. We think these speakers will appeal to budget-audiophiles who want a speaker that challenges the law of diminishing returns by offering an incredibly refined, full bodied sound in an attractive package under the $1k price point. Add to the towers a very capable center channel and surrounds and you've got a surround speaker system that will most certainly be the envy of your friends and neighbors."
- Caleb Denison
New Aperion PhaseSync Driver
The Verus Forte line is intended for intimate spaces, and we wanted everyone in the room to have the best seat. So we built a new driver that optimizes on- and off-axis performance in the smallest size possible. The PhaseSync Driver packs the woofer and ASR tweeter into a single space-saving package. Coupled with the midrange driver, the Aperion PhaseSync lets Verus Forte deliver as much true-to-life sound as speakers nearly twice the size.
New Aperion Axially Stabilized Radiator
We engineered the new silk dome ASR to handle frequencies beneath most tweeters. Now the mid-high frequencies emit the same crystalline tones as their counterparts in the penthouse. From the pluck of a violin string to the screech of tires, the result is pure, authentic sound.
One 4.25" Kevlar® Woofer and One 4.25" Kevlar® Passive Radiator
The strength of Kevlar gives our woofers a trio of advantages: even dispersion, enhanced acoustics and bulletproof reliability. Add extra-long voice coils to decrease distortion and you’ve got the low bass you love. With woofers powerful enough to drive all but bottom-feeding frequencies without a dedicated subwoofer, you’ll find Verus’ bass response truly earth-shaking.
The slim curves of the Verus line’s first-rate cabinetry make us think "supermodel"—but the primo acoustic qualities means she’d have to sound as good as she looks. The finishing touch for every Verus speaker is a high-gloss cherry-wood veneer or piano-black lacquer that’s so right for every décor, your coffee table will be jealous.
5-way gold-plated binding posts
The 5-way gold-plated binding posts let you connect your speakers any which way you choose: bare wire, banana plugs, spades, round pins or flat pins. Not only does the gold plating give your system some bling, it also serves a more practical purpose: to resist corrosion and provide the best possible connection to your receiver.
Magnetically Held Perforated Metal Grilles
To protect the speaker innards from accidents, pets or curious fingers, the entire Verus line sports perforated metal grilles that let sound flow through unchecked, improving imaging and reducing high-frequency reflection. Hidden magnets hold the grilles in recessed baffles.
|Frequency Response||(+/- 3dB) 72-20,000 Hz - (+/- 6dB) 70-22,000 Hz|
|Recommended Power||40 - 250 Watts|
|Tweeter||Custom Aperion ASR Tweeter|
|Midrange||Custom 4.25" Aperion PhaseSync Driver with Integrated ASR Tweeter|
|Woofer||4.25" Woven Kevlar Woofer|
|Enclosure Type||Sealed with One 4.25" Woven Kevlar Passive Radiator|
|Dimensions||6.2” H x 19” W x 8” D|
|Placement Location||Center Channel Speaker|
You might also like:
- If satellite size speakers fit your space better, the Verus Forte won't fall short in terms of sound – actually, we think you'll be amazed. These petite speakers handle movie surround with ease, while adding to the aesthetics of your room.
The new Verus Forte Tower mirrors the immersive sound and striking looks of the award-winning Verus Grand—but its petite stature and slender curves remind you that this is the powerful younger sibling.
- The Verus Grand Center Channel speaker brings on-screen action to life in mid-size and larger rooms. But be prepared for the one-two punch of amazing sound and gorgeous looks. We're considering a whiplash warning.