More information for Bravus 8A Powered Subwoofer
Now your budget doesn't need to stand in the way of room-shaking bass. The Bravus 8A packs the same acoustic and build quality of our Bravus line into a subwoofer that sounds fantastic at a great price. An 8" aluminum cone driver and 100 watts of power will give your movies and music that visceral punch that only great home theater can deliver.
You can also make the 8A wireless by pairing it up with the new Aperion Zona Home Audio Link!
Key Features include:
- Single active 8" aluminum driver
- 100 watt class A/B amplifier
- Customizable Crossover from 40-160Hz
- Internally braced ¾" Ported HDF enclosure
- Ten year warranty (three years on the amplifier)
- Furniture-grade Finish
- FREE SHIPPING - a $33 value*
- FREE lifetime technical support
All that plus a timeless design that seamlessly integrates with your décor.
Bravus by Aperion – subwoofers designed from the ground up for maximum performance, sonic quality and value.
*Free shipping value is based on ground shipping costs from Portland, OR to New York, NY. Individual rates vary.
Customer Reviews For Bravus 8A Powered Subwoofer
- Customer Service Brian M.
- I have been a customer since 2005, and the customer service of this company is the BEST! I recently had to order a new crossover for my sub (because of a storm) and Jason was my contact. We had issues with Fedex, they delivered it to the wrong house and Jason kept in contact with me through out the whole ordeal, he even got me the address of the house where the package was delivered, I went there and retrieved it. Hat's off to Jason! Once again Aperion has made me their biggest fan, I love my speakers, and I love the customer service. Thanks again.
- Kickin Walter N.
- The subwoofer is everything the description promised so very happy with the product. Lows (particularly) in movies literally shake the house and bass lines are kickin...Got all my questions answered prior to buying by staff online and easy to reach by phone also. Thanks Aperion!
Pro Reviews For Bravus 8A Powered Subwoofer
- Audioholics.com Reviews the Aperion Bravus 8A Subwoofer, June 2010
- Audioholics.com reviewed the SLIMstage30 Soundbar along with the Bravus 8A Subwoofer.
4.5 out of 5 - Value Rating
4 out of 5 - Performance Rating
"The Bravus 8A sub is powerful and capable and the bass response of the SLIMstage30 means that the two will mate well. The sound quality of the SLIMstage30, especially for movies, it impressive and will probably have you shaking your head. The next person that asks me for a surroundbar recommendation and balks at the Yamaha prices will be steered directly toward Aperion. As far as I'm concerned the $799 SLIMstage30/Bravus 8A combo is going to be very hard to beat."
- Tom Andry, Audioholics.com, July 2010
Read Full Review
- CNET Reviews the Aperion Bravus 8D Subwoofer, June 2010
- CNET reviewed the SLIMstage30 Soundbar System along with the Bravus 8D Subwoofer.
3.5 out of 5 Stars, "Very Good" - CNET Editors' Rating 8 out of 10 - Performance
"The SLIMstage30 is one of the few sound bars that produce satisfying deep bass without a subwoofer."
"We continued with the "House of Flying Daggers" Blu-ray, and were impressed by the way the SLIMstage30 handled the sword fight scenes. The metallic clangs of sword against sword were very clear, dialogue natural, and the circle of drums scene didn't overtax the SLIMstage30's woofers. Bass was powerful, but not on par with what you'd get from a subwoofer."
"So we hooked up our Aperion Bravus 8D ($500) powered subwoofer, which radically improved the SLIMstage30's sound. Sure, the bass was more powerful and definition firmed up, but the speaker was more dynamically alive; the drums impact was significantly improved. Two-channel music sound also benefited from the Bravus 8D's assistance."
- Matthew Moskovciak and Steve Guttenberg, CNET.com, June 2010
Read Full Review
- HomeTheaterReview.com Reviews the Aperion Bravus 8A Subwoofer, June 2010
- HomeTheaterReview.com reviewed the SLIMstage30 Soundbar System which includes the Bravus 8A Subwoofer. Here's what they had to say specifically about the 8A:
"The pride of ownership factor is off the charts when it comes to Aperion Audio products and it begins way before you ever integrate them into your system or listening environment."
"In terms of bass the Bravus 8A subwoofer is quite a capable performer especially considering its asking price; it was able to energize and load my room with rich, tuneful bass that had both impact as well as quick reflexes. If you don't go overboard with the Bravus 8A's rear mounted volume controls and set the crossover accordingly, it is one hell of a musical sub."
"The SLIMstage30 with the Bravus 8A subwoofer from Aperion Audio weighs into the soundbar battle with guns ablazing, providing exceptional performance at the right price ($799)... Its ability to decode both Dolby Digital and DTS soundtracks make it the ideal candidate for the home theater enthusiast on a budget or with space constraints. The SLIMstage30 and Bravus 8A subwoofer combo is a match made in affordable audio heaven and one I strongly urge you to check out for yourself if you're shopping for or considering purchasing a soundbar."
- Andrew Robinson, HomeTheaterReview.com, June 2010
Read Full Review
- Affordable$$Audio Reviews the Aperion SLIMstage30 by Soundmatters Soundbar System, June 2010
- AffordableAudio.org reviewed the SLIMstage30 Soundbar System which includes the Bravus 8A Subwoofer. Here's what they had to say specifically about the 8A:
"Engaging the Bravus 8A brought a whole new level of depth and easily gave the impression that the SLIMstage30 was bigger than it appeared, which is the goal of any HT setup."
"Where the SLIMstage30 really shines is with movies, especially with help from the Bravus 8A subwoofer."
"It's no exaggeration to say that I thoroughly enjoyed the past couple of months with the SLIMstage30. It does so many things well and in a WAF friendly package that I have little doubt that Aperion and Soundmatters are going to have a very successful run. For those that desperate to avoid the whole HT package the SLIMstage30 is the best answer I have heard so far. My highest recommendation!"
- Dan Nielsen, AffordableAudio.org, June 2010
Read Full Review
- HTGuys.com Reviews the Aperion Bravus 8A Powered Subwoofer, June 2010
- HTGuys.com reviewed the Aperion SLIMstage30 by Soundmatters Soundbar System which includes the Bravus 8A Powered Subwoofer. Here's what they had to say specifically about the 8A:
"But what set this system apart from other all in one units is the subwoofer. If we had to choose between rear channels or a subwoofer we'll come down on the side of the subwoofer every time. The Bravus 8A produced booming effects without muddying dialog. Speaking of dialog, the spoken word was clear and full. Music sounded wide and and full. We were quite happy with how our AAC files reproduced on the device. Watching the French Open Tennis tournament was nice as well. You really felt immersed into the action. We really noticed the echos of the ball being hit by the racquet."
- Ara Derderian and Braden Russell, HTGuys.com, June 2010
Read Full Review
- Big Picture Big Sound Review
- 3 out of 4 Stars
3 1/2 out of 4 Stars for Performance
"Aperion Audio has put together a nice little package with the SLIMstage30 and Bravus sub."
- Rachel Cericola, BigPictureBigSound.com, May 2010
Read Full Review
- About.com Reviews the Intimus 5B Bookshelf and the Bravus 8A Subwoofer, March 2010
- About.com Rating: 4 out of 5 Stars
"The 5Bs had a very satisfying sound, good for easy or critical listening. The silk dome tweeter was crisp with plenty of detail but no edginess, and the midrange sounded open and transparent with very good dynamics."
"The Intimus 5Bs are great for a modest, yet robust stereo system. That is, a modest price and a robust sound. Pair them with a receiver with 75-100 watts per channel and the Bravus 8A for a classy and affordable stereo system, or wall-mount the 5Bs as surround speakers in a home theater system."
- Gary Altunian, About.com Guide, March 2010
See the full review
- WINNER: Sound & Vision Magazine "2009 Editors' Choice" Award, February
- Sound & Vision has chosen their 20 Best Products of 2009 and the Aperion Intimus 4B Harmony SA system was a "Home-Theater Speaker System" category winner. The Bravus 8A Subwoofer is a component of that system.
"I like Aperion speakers for three reasons. First, they provide solid performance. Second, they offer amazing bang for the buck. Third, the company's Web-based, direct-sale business model with its risk-free audition and free shipping (both ways), full trade-up program, and generous warranty is terrific. The Intimus 4B Harmony SA system is a great example of everything Aperion does well. If you blind-listened to this system (which has a combined price tag of $999), you'd swear that the speakers cost much more. And when you pulled off the blindfold, the appearance and build quality of the cabinetry might cause you to up your estimate if you're shopping on a budget (and who isn't?), this system will amplify your purchasing power."
- Ken C. Pohlmann, Sound & Vision Magazine, February/March 2010
Review currently available at newsstands.
- Big Picture Big Sound Reviews the Bravus 8A Powered Subwoofer, September 2009
- Big Picture Big Sound reviewed our Intimus 4B-BP Fusion SA system and gave it a 3 out of 4 Star rating and the Bravus 8A Powered Subwoofer is a component of that system. Here's what Big Picture Big Sound had to say specifically about the 8A in that review:
"Speaking of size and shape, the Bravus 8A is also a bit smaller than many comparably positioned subwoofers, but don't judge a speaker by its size."
"With some tweaking and adjustment, we found the subwoofer to blend with and complement the satellites quite well. While not the deepest bass we've heard, it did manage to provide a solid and clear low-end."
- Solid craftsmanship and excellent materials
- Subwoofer delivers serious low end
[Comments about the 4B-BP Fusion SA System]
"With its furniture-grade piano finish and sleek design the Aperion Intimus 4B-BP Fusion SA system looks like a million bucks, but this system almost sounds like it too. While the satellites and center speaker don't quite match up visually, together the 5.1 system packs quite an audio punch."
- Peter Suciu, BigPictureBigSound.com, September 2009
Read Full Review
- Sound & Vision Magazine "Certified and Recommended" the Intimus 4B Harmony SA (Includes the 8A)
- Here's what Sound & Vision had to say specifically about the 8A in that review:
"The subwoofer, meanwhile, performed well for a small-driver/cabinet system, sounding musically solid with low brass and percussion."
"Getting back to the Bravus 8A, it energetically reproduced the hotel-collapse scene [from a Blu-ray Disc of Quantum or Solace] with appropriate gusto, with no sign of the cabinet resonance and port chuffing that accompanies lesser subs. Unlike some monster subwoofers, this 8-incher could not literally shake my room. But for most average-size listening environments, its LFE output will be more than adequate."
"The small size of these Intimus speakers belies their big-speaker sound. Throw in the feisty Bravus 8A subwoofer and you've got a highly competent compact system. Do good things come in small packages? You bet. And in small velvet bags, too."
"A system that strikes a fine balance between size and substance highly recommended for smaller rooms."
* Highly accurate sound
* Beautiful cabinetry
* Excellent customer support
- Ken C. Pohlmann, Sound & Vision Magazine, September 2009
Read Full Review
- High-Def Digest Review of the Bravus 8A - May 2009
- High-Def Digest reviewed our Intimus 4B Harmony SA system and Bravus 8A Powered Subwoofer is a component of that system. Here's what High-Def Digest had to say specifically about the 8A in that review:
Low orchestral tones were delivered with an almost eerie omnipresence. It permeates the room very evenly, and is near impossible to pinpoint in a dark room, which should be the goal of any true sub.
It complements the system ideally to fill your room with accurate bliss.
- Todd Daugherty, HighDefDigest.com, May 2009
Read Full Review
Single 8" High-Excursion Custom Aluminum Driver
We designed Bravus with custom aluminum drivers for efficient high-performance. One part rigid precision, one part low bass extension - shake well with a healthy helping of linearity, and you're left with a single active driver that will take your music and movies to new depths. Aluminum offers the perfect blend of strength and mass to keep the amp operating efficiently. Couple this with a heavy duty rubber surround and a precision motor structure and you get bass that is deep and linear.
100 Watt Amplifier
Great bass needs great amplification. The Bravus 8A is backed by a 100 watt class A/B amplifier that is more than enough to fill your room with tight, clean bass.
Customizable Crossover from 40Hz-160Hz
Tailor your Bravus subwoofer to your tastes. Every room is different, and every person is unique - your subwoofer should follow suit. Or if you prefer, bypass the internal crossover entirely and control the bass with your receiver or pre-amp. The choice is yours
Detachable Power Cord with Switchable Voltage
We make it easy to upgrade your cord or take your subwoofer on the road. No matter if you're in Los Angeles or Lisbon, you can easily switch between 110V and 220V power. Just plug in the correct cord, switch the voltage and enjoy. One caveat, though -- We're not responsible for international noise ordinances, so tread carefully and bring bribe money.
Line Level Inputs
Every Aperion subwoofer comes standard with an LFE line level input that connects to any receiver’s subwoofer pre-out. Or, if you don't have a sub-out connection, use the left and right low level inputs with the low level outputs from your pre-amp or receiver.
High Level Inputs
Hook your new subwoofer up to any receiver or amplifier! If you don’t have a sub-out connection on your receiver, you can use the left and right speaker outputs to make setup a snap.
Small Internally Braced ¾" HDF Ported Enclosure
Powerful bass needs a sturdy cabinet. Every Bravus 8A subwoofer is built out of strong ¾" HDF and internally braced to reduce cabinet vibration.
Timeless Design and Furniture-Grade Finish
Each of our Bravus subwoofers features a timeless design aesthetic and is beautifully finished in either real cherry wood or high gloss piano black lacquer, allowing them to effortlessly blend into your decor. This first-rate cabinetry unites the acoustic qualities of only the most expensive subwoofers with a furniture-grade finish so handsome your coffee table will be jealous.
Leveling Floor Spikes and Footers
Included with each Bravus subwoofer is a set of metal floor spikes with footers and a set of rubber feet. Use the metal spikes on carpet for tighter bass by decoupling the sub from the floor. If you have hard floors, use the footers with your metal spikes or use the included rubber feet to improve bass response and protect your surfaces from scratches or dents.
|Frequency Response||36Hz - 160Hz|
|Amplifier Power||100 Watt|
|Woofer||Single 8" Aluminum Cone Driver|
|Enclosure Type||Ported and Internally Braced 3/4" HDF|
|Dimensions||15"H x 13.5" W x 13.5" D (with feet attached)|
You might also like:
- Don’t let its small size and gorgeous design fool you. Coming in at just over one cubic foot, this compact subwoofer is small enough to fit anywhere, yet packs one heck of a punch.
- The eternal problem solved - you want a sub that can deliver serious impact, but your significant other insists that size matters, and in this case smaller is much better. The 10D represents the best of both worlds!
- Get ready to rumble! If you've got a large room and a yen to pack it with sound so aggressive you push the walls out, bigger is better. We've bumped up the power on the 12D to 650 watts to make that happen. For the Big Daddy, we added a 12-inch aluminum down-firing driver to a pair of 12-inch aluminum side-firing passive radiators.