More information for Intimus 6-LCR In-Wall Home Theater Speaker
If you’ve been looking for a stellar home theater experience with the clean, elegant look of an in-wall speaker, the ALL NEW Intimus 6-LCR In-Wall Home Theater Speaker is perfect for you. It packs all the award-winning Aperion sound into a single in-wall speaker -- at a great price! Create a seamlessly integrated front soundstage with the versatile 6-LCR which can function as a left, center* or right channel - the ideal solution to complement your flat panel TV.
Whether it’s installed horizontally or vertically the Intimus 6-LCR In-Wall Home Theater Speaker showers you with immersive sound with its dual active woofers and an aimable silk-dome tweeter which together provide great sound to any seat in the house and striking natural dialog from your favorite movies. The 6-LCR also includes high-end features like bass and treble adjustment switches, normally found only on more expensive in-wall speakers. Plus, the 6-LCR is voice-matched to blend with our other Intimus speakers. All of our in-wall speakers feature a frameless installation and come with a cutting template as well as a dog ear clip drywall mounting system -- installing your speakers has never been easier.
Get incredible home theater sound with no cabinets and no compromise. Install the 6-LCR in your home and discover for yourself why invisible home theater speakers can be so beautiful.
- Dual 6.5" long-throw, woven-fiberglass woofers
- 1" aimable audiophile grade silk-dome tweeter
- Separate bass and treble equalization switches
- Ten Year Warranty
- 30-Day No-Risk In-Home Audition
- FREE SHIPPING - a $28 value per pair**
- FREE lifetime customer support
*If installing as a center channel, we recommend consulting a licensed contractor – some home construction may have to be modified to accommodate the 6-LCR as a center channel speaker.
**Free shipping value is based on ground shipping costs from Portland, OR to New York, NY. Individual rates vary.
Customer Reviews For Intimus 6-LCR In-Wall Home Theater Speaker
- Very Good In-Wall Speakers for my Front Channels Gary R.
- I have a 5.1 basement/family room home theater using 3 6-LCR speakers up front, 2 L6-IW speakers in the rear, and a Bravus 10D subwoofer - all powered by an Onkyo 707 receiver. Movies are projected by an Epson 8350 onto a 110" Elite screen. The Aperion speakers and subwoofer work together to make an excellent cinema sound system. Installation was very easy and the look of Aperion's in-wall speakers is clean. Sound quality is very good at all volume levels with no discernible distortion. Dialog is crisp. Special effects are nicely enhanced with the Bravus 10D subwoofer. I would highly recommend this set-up. I listened to quite a few speakers, before finally choosing Aperion. The 30-day return privilege, 10-year warranty, lifetime support, and on-line audio reviews convinced me to give this company's products a try. I'm glad I did. For my ear, these are the best in-wall speakers I've heard for any speaker up to nearly six times their price level, at which point other options sound as nice or even nicer. Even listening to classical music, vocals, and jazz in stereo-mode through the front L&R in-walls sounds terrific. Aperion provides tremendous value for a quality product.
- Great speakers for home theater L/R mains JOSE B.
- The 6-LCR's sound quality is more than I expected. They do a great job of seamlessly filling my living room with surround. I was apprehensive to use in-wall speakers for my L/R mains, especially since I would have to tuck these into the corners of my living with only about 9" between the studs. I spoke to the sound guru's, and they assured me they would work very nicely - and after installing these, I am a very happy man... and so is my wife!
- Wow! Torben N.
- Recently installed these speakers in a main floor renovation as front speakers replacing Proficient in walls and am astounded at the vastly improved clarity and deepness provided by these together with the rear ceiling and side speakers also purchased from Aperion. I haven't even installed the sub yet and very pleased!
- Great Upgrade from the 6-IW Jason V.
- I upgraded my two front speakers from 6-IW's to the 6LCR last October and have been very happy with the improvement. In particular they provide a significant increase in the lower frequencies.
A couple of notes that you might like to be aware of:
1. The aimable tweeter is only aimable in one axis and that is towards the direction of the larger speakers. When installed vertically, it would only aim up and down and not towards my listening area.
2. The wall cutout for this speaker is slightly smaller than for the6IW. It still worked as the flange more than covers the width of the opening and the locking clips still reached to the wall in the larger opening. But I was a little surprised that they were not the same size as that would have made for a cleaner installation.
3. Also, the second 6" speaker makes the binding posts a little more difficult to access then on the 6IW.
Otherwise a great speaker and much preferable to the 6IW for use in the main L&R channels!
As always, the customer service was great too.
- Very good sound and value Lou A.
- I installed 3 6-LCR's and 2 6IW's in an 18'x20' room. The speakers are driven by a Yamaha RX-V765. The overall quality is very good, we had a bit of an issue in how they were installed due to the length, but solved that by vertically mounting the left and right speakers. Even without a sub-woofer there was reasonable bass response, but a sub-woofer is still recommended for a real "theater" experience.
- Great Sound Robert A.
- I installed 3 of these in my wall while finishing my basement. 1 is the center channel and the other 2 left and right. To install the center speaker I did need to cut a stud to mount it on it's side because the length is more than the 16" stud spacing. Also I would recommend following the instructions about hand tightening as the it is way to easy to overtighten with a power screwdriver.
The sound is incredible. I wasn't sure if the trade off, of in wall vs satellite, would be worth it, but with these speakers it is. Maybe my ear isn't sophisticated enough, but I can't tell the difference between these and and my friends Aperion satellites. Nice job.
- Easy to install - great sound Jeffery A.
- I recently purchased a pair of 6-LCR's as well as a 5c center channel and Bravus 10D subwoofer. These speakers along with a pair of builder installed ceiling speakers were hooked up to an Onkyo TX-SR607.
The in wall installation was painless even for someone who avoids anything resembling a home improvement project. I'd recommend having a second set of hands available to make the wire attachments. Total time for 2 speakers - about 2-1/2 hours.
The Onkyo setup was self explanatory and it's initial room recommendations using the included microphone were in range though the bass was a bit high for me.
Once the Bravus 10D was turned down a bit using the included remote the sound was near perfect. I'd put the overall system on par with friends' custom installs costing in excess of $5k for home theatre. Music reproduction was more than good enough for me but true audiophiles may want to take the opportunity to add some insulation behind the in wall speakers and/or look at a tower speaker for better sound.
Write Your Own Review
Pro Reviews For Intimus 6-LCR In-Wall Home Theater SpeakerWe're sorry, we don't have any reviews for this product yet
Flexible and Versatile Placement Options
The 6-LCR is actually three speakers in one. When it’s installed vertically, it’s a left or right channel speaker – and when horizontal, a center channel speaker! Note: we recommend consulting a professional if you’re installing as a center channel. Due to the placement of the studs in the wall, you or your favorite contractor may have to make some minor modifications to your wall studs to accommodate the 6-LCR as a center channel speaker.
Aimable 1" Audiophile-Grade Silk-Dome Tweeter
Because your speakers are going in a wall, it’s not always easy to get the tweeter at ear level. By using an aimable tweeter, the crucial high frequencies can be directed toward the listening position for optimal performance. Our aimable, 1-inch, audiophile-grade, silk dome tweeter has been engineered for the best in sonic performance. The smooth sound of our silk tweeter ensures a warm, natural sound with no harsh aftertaste, and we use ferrofluid cooling for high power handling, smooth response, and an amazingly pure, natural, distortion free sound. This tweeter is the high point of the speaker… literally.
Dual 6.5" Long-Throw Woofers
Our custom 6.5" dual woofers are the heart and soul of your 6-LCR speaker. The woofer is made of strong and lightweight woven fiberglass, offering a quick and accurate response. The woofer and dual voice coil design offer superior bass and midrange performance no matter where you install them in your room.
Customizable Bass and Treble Equalization
Always get the most out of your speakers -- without compromise! Separate +/- 3 dB bass and treble equalization switches allow you to adjust the sound to fit your room or preference no matter what kind of installation challenges you face.
Gold Plated, Spring Loaded Binding Posts
A perfect connection the first time and every time – with ease. Each in-wall speaker comes standard with gold-plated spring loaded binding posts for easy installation. Simply strip the speaker wire, press to open and insert the wire.
Paintable Frame and Grille
Paint your in-wall speakers any color you wish to match your décor! A perforated, paintable aluminum grille is included with each speaker. We've designed all of our in-wall and in-ceiling speakers to be a permanent part of your home -- the speaker frames are made from high-impact, UV resistant ABS that is strong and lightweight. Like your home itself, they are built to last.
In-Wall Mounting System
Installing your speakers has never been easier. All of our in-wall speakers come with an installation template and a dog ear clip drywall mounting system. Simply use the template to cut the proper hole, hook up the wires, insert the speaker and tighten into place with a screwdriver. All that’s left is to sit back, relax and enjoy.
|Cut Out Dimensions||16 15/16" x 6 9/16"|
|Frequency Response||65 Hz-22 kHz|
|Recommended Power||20-200 Watts|
|Tweeter||1” Silk Dome Tweeter|
|Woofer||Dual 6.5” fiberglass cone mid-woofers|
|Driver Configuration||2 Way|
|Dimensions||8.25" X 18.75" X 3 1/4" Deep|
|Product Family||Intimus Architectural|
|Placement Location||Front Speakers, Center Channel Speaker|
You might also like:
- The all-new Intimus L6-IW In-Wall speaker delivers realistic and beautiful home theater sound paired with the clean, minimalist look of an in-wall speaker – all at a great price.
- The Intimus 6-DT Stereo In-Ceiling speaker makes it simple and affordable to get high quality audio to every room in your house by allowing you to wire both the left and right channels to a single speaker.
- In the past, buying an in-ceiling speaker meant sacrificing sound quality - not anymore! Now you can get the clean look of an in-ceiling speaker with the life-like sound reproduction of a cabinet speaker.