More information for Intimus L6-IW In-Wall Speaker Pair
Now it’s easier than ever to have distributed audio and the clean look of an in-wall speaker with the sound quality of a cabinet speaker. If you’re looking for amazing home theater sound with a minimalist look, then the all-new Intimus L6-IW In-Wall speakers are perfect for you!
The Intimus L6-IW In-Wall speakers provide fantastic, immersive sound with high-end features like a 6.5" woven-fiberglass dual-voice coil woofer, an aimable silk-dome tweeter, as well as bass and treble adjustment switches, normally found only on more expensive in-wall speakers. Plus, the L6-IW is voice-matched to blend with all of our other Intimus speakers. All of our in-wall speakers feature a frameless installation and come with a cutting template as well as a dog ear clip drywall mounting system -- installing your speakers has never been easier.
Get incredible sound with no clutter and no compromise. Install the 6-IW in your home and discover for yourself why something so invisible can be so beautiful.
- 6.5" long-throw, woven-fiberglass, dual-voice coil woofer
- 1" aimable audiophile grade silk-dome tweeter
- Treble equalization switches
- Ten Year Warranty
- 30-Day No-Risk In-Home Audition
- FREE SHIPPING - a $18 value per pair*
- FREE lifetime customer support
*Free shipping value is based on ground shipping costs from Portland, OR to New York, NY. Individual rates vary.
Customer Reviews For Intimus L6-IW In-Wall Speaker Pair
- Part of an A+ Home theater system Mark
- This review is for the L6-IC and L6-IW speakers.
I installed a pair of each of them in the ceiling and rear wall during a full game room remodel in the summer of '13. I actually broke them listening to music as I finished painting and trimming out the room. As I was doing that I wasn't terribly impressed with the sound. I have since figured out that this was due to the fact that they don't handle bass well, and they are not supposed to, that is was the Bravus sub is for.
Once connected to the home theater system in their proper roles they have awed me with there sound. The sound is so detailed that I actually thought that there was cricket outside my window chirping away one night (there had been one there for several days) but when I muted the system the chirping went away and then came back when I un-muted the amp. It was that convincing!! If you are lacking wall or shelf space and can wire behind the drywall these will definitely not disappoint you. (5/24/14)
- Very Good In-Wall Speakers for my Rear Channels Gary R.
- I have a 5.1 basement/family room home theater using 3 6-LCR speakers up front, 2 L6-IW speakers in the rear, and a Bravus 10D subwoofer - all powered by an Onkyo 707 receiver. Movies are projected by an Epson 8350 onto a 110" Elite screen. The Aperion speakers and subwoofer work together to make an excellent cinema sound system. Installation was very easy and the look of Aperion's in-wall speakers is clean. Sound quality is very good at all volume levels with no discernible distortion. Dialog is crisp. Special effects are nicely enhanced with the Bravus 10D subwoofer. I would highly recommend this set-up. I listened to quite a few speakers, before finally choosing Aperion. The 30-day return privilege, 10-year warranty, lifetime support, and on-line audio reviews convinced me to give this company's products a try. I'm glad I did. For my ear, these are the best in-wall speakers I've heard for any speaker up to nearly six times their price level, at which point other options sound as nice or even nicer. Even listening to classical music, vocals, and jazz in stereo-mode through the front L&R in-walls sounds terrific. Aperion provides tremendous value for a quality product.
Write Your Own Review
Pro Reviews For Intimus L6-IW In-Wall Speaker PairWe're sorry, we don't have any reviews for this product yet
Aimable 1" Audiophile-Grade Silk-Dome Tweeter
Because your speakers are going in a wall, it’s not always easy to get the tweeter at ear level. By using an aimable tweeter, the crucial high frequencies can be directed toward the listening position for optimal performance. Our aimable, 1-inch, audiophile-grade, silk dome tweeter has been engineered for the best in sonic performance. The smooth sound of our silk tweeter ensures a warm, natural sound with no harsh aftertaste, and we use ferrofluid cooling for high power handling, smooth response, and an amazingly pure, natural, distortion free sound. This tweeter is the high point of the speaker… literally.
6.5" Long-Throw Dual Voice Coil Woofer
Our custom 6.5" dual voice coil woofer is the heart and soul of your L6-IW speaker. The woofer is made of strong and lightweight woven fiberglass, offering a quick and accurate response. The woofer and dual voice coil design offer superior bass and midrange performance no matter where you install them in your room.
Customizable Treble Equalization
Always get the most out of your speakers -- without compromise! The +/- 3 dB treble equalization switche allows you to adjust the sound to fit your room or preference no matter what kind of installation challenges you face.
Gold Plated, Spring Loaded Binding Posts
A perfect connection the first time and every time – with ease. Each in-wall speaker comes standard with gold-plated spring loaded binding posts for easy installation. Simply strip the speaker wire, press to open and insert the wire.
Paintable Frame and Grille
Paint your in-wall speakers any color you wish to match your décor! A perforated, paintable aluminum grille is included with each speaker. We've designed all of our in-wall and in-ceiling speakers to be a permanent part of your home -- the speaker frames are made from high-impact, UV resistant ABS that is strong and lightweight. Like your home itself, they are built to last.
In-Wall Mounting System
Installing your speakers has never been easier. All of our in-wall speakers come with an installation template and a dog ear clip drywall mounting system. Simply use the template to cut the proper hole, hook up the wires, insert the speaker and tighten into place with a screwdriver. All that’s left is to sit back, relax and enjoy.
|Cut Out Dimensions||6 3/4" X 10 3/4"|
|Frequency Response||(+/- 3dB) 80Hz to 20,000Hz - (+/- 6dB) 50Hz to 20,000Hz|
|Recommended Power||20-200 Watts|
|Tweeter||1” Silk Tweeter|
|Midrange||6.5” fiberglass cone voice coil #1|
|Woofer||6.5” fiberglass cone voice coil #1 + #2|
|Driver Configuration||2 1/2-Way|
|Dimensions||7.75" Wide X 11.6" Tall x 3 1/4" Deep|
|Product Family||Intimus Architectural|
|Placement Location||Front Speakers, Rear Speakers, Distributed Audio|
You might also like:
- The Intimus 6-DT Stereo In-Ceiling speaker makes it simple and affordable to get high quality audio to every room in your house by allowing you to wire both the left and right channels to a single speaker.
- In the past, buying an in-ceiling speaker meant sacrificing sound quality - not anymore! Now you can get the clean look of an in-ceiling speaker with the life-like sound reproduction of a cabinet speaker.