More information for Bravus II 8D Powered Subwoofer
Don’t let its small size and gorgeous design fool you. Coming in at just over one cubic foot, this compact subwoofer is small enough to fit anywhere, yet packs one heck of a punch. Featuring an 8” active, dual 8” passive drivers, and 300 watts of digital power, the 8D will fill your small to medium sized room with commanding, articulate bass for your favorite movies and music
Key Features include:
- Single down-firing active 8" aluminum driver
- Dual side-firing 8" aluminum passive radiators
- 300 watt class D amplifier
- USB power jack for easy wireless connection
- Small internally braced 3/4" HDF sealed enclosure
- Virtually vibration-free cabinet
- TEN YEAR WARRANTY (two years on the amplifier)
- FREE SHIPPING - a $38 value*
- FREE lifetime technical support
All that plus a timeless design that seamlessly integrates with your décor.
Bravus by Aperion – subwoofers designed from the ground up for maximum performance, sonic quality and value.
*Free shipping value is based on ground shipping costs from Portland, OR to New York, NY. Individual rates vary.
Customer Reviews For Bravus II 8D Powered Subwoofer
- Crystal clear and precise sound!! S. Sanu
- I accidentally discovered this website one day while going through reviews on hometheaterreview.com and I became interested. But buying something you never heard as well as not having any local store that sells them is always a risk. However 30 day in-home trial with free shipping both ways is no brainer. When the Speakers arrived they were boxed very well. They come wrapped in the pretty nice velvet bag with gold drawstrings. Hooking them up was very easy - a subwoofer speaker cable that's it. There is an awful lot to like about Aperion Audio's Intimus speakers, especially the cost. The build quality is excellent, as is the attention to detail, such as threaded mounting points both bottom and back, gold plated binding posts. The High Gloss Piano Black finish is beautiful. It has such a perfect mirror finish. The drivers are of high quality and the resulting crystal clear and precise sound is one that is easy to love and listen to for hours on end. My setup is 2 5T's, 2 4T's, 5C, 2 4B's, and the 8D.
- Amazing! Paul G.
- I purchased this to go with my 5Bs front, 4Bs rear, and 5C, and it is simply stunning! When watching movies, it is like being at the Imax. If watching a concert dvd or bluray, it is like being there! The sound is so full and warm with music, it completely complements it. No boomy nastiness, just pure clean sound. I am a 50/50 music/movie listener and this setup is perfect for me. The finish and build quality of the sub is top notch, as is the service Aperion offers. Jason Hicks was a huge help to me in picking out the right sub and surrounds to go with my front speakers and amp. I am not even a week into my sub audition and this baby is a keeper!
- Bravus IIa 8D fits right in. Gary P.
- I purchased the new Bravus IIa 8D recently and it is fantastic! The Bravus IIa 8D is part of a 5.1 system including 533-T towers. I love the small form factor, but I was worried that the small size would have trouble filling my rather large open room (approx. 15'x27'). After I got it set up and dialed in I found it does a great job and is plenty loud for my room. It may be small but it really packs a punch. I primarily use the system for home theater viewing.
As usual the customer service is top notch and Jason Hicks helped me fine tune the settings to get it sounding just right.
Write Your Own Review
Pro Reviews For Bravus II 8D Powered SubwooferWe're sorry, we don't have any reviews for this product yet
Single Active & Dual 8" Passive High-Excursion Custom Aluminum Drivers
We designed Bravus with dual custom aluminum drivers for efficient high-performance. One part rigid precision, one part low bass extension - shake well with a healthy helping of linearity, and you're left with three drivers to take your music and movies to new depths. Aluminum offers the perfect blend of strength and mass to keep the class D digital amp operating efficiently. Couple this with a heavy duty rubber surround and a precision motor structure and you get bass that is deep and linear. To make things even better, we packed three drivers in a small gorgeous enclosure so your Bravus 8" sub offers the performance of a larger sub but takes up less space.
Detachable Power Cord w/ Switchable Voltage
We make it easy to upgrade your cord or take your subwoofer on the road. No matter if you're in Los Angeles or Lisbon, you can easily switch between 110V and 220V power. Just plug in the correct cord, switch the voltage and enjoy. One caveat, though -- We're not responsible for international noise ordinances, so tread carefully and bring bribe money.
Line Level Inputs
Every Aperion subwoofer comes standard with an LFE line level input that connects to any receiver’s subwoofer pre-out. Or, if you don't have a sub-out connection, use the left and right low level inputs with the low level outputs from your pre-amp or receiver.
High Level Inputs
Hook your new subwoofer up to any receiver or amplifier! If you don’t have a sub-out connection on your receiver, you can use the left and right speaker outputs to make setup a snap.
Small Internally Braced ¾" HDF Sealed Enclosure
Powerful bass needs a sturdy cabinet. Every Bravus 8D subwoofer is built out of strong 3/4" HDF and internally braced to reduce cabinet vibration to nearly nothing.
Timeless Design & Furniture-Grade Finish
Each of our Bravus subwoofers features a timeless design aesthetic and is beautifully finished in high gloss piano black lacquer, allowing them to effortlessly blend into your decor. This first-rate cabinetry unites the acoustic qualities of only the most expensive subwoofers with a furniture-grade finish so handsome your coffee table will be jealous.
Leveling Floor Spikes and Footers
Included with each Bravus subwoofer is a set of metal floor spikes with footers and a set of rubber feet. Use the metal spikes on carpet for tighter bass by decoupling the sub from the floor. If you have hard floors, use the footers with your metal spikes or use the included rubber feet to improve bass response and protect your surfaces from scratches or dents.
Acoustically Transparent Grille
Nothing stands between you and your sound. We designed a sonically invisible grille that not only looks great, but also protects your precious woofers from curious fingers, claws or snouts.
|Frequency Response||-3dB, 33Hz - 200Hz -- -6dB, 30Hz - 180Hz|
|Amplifier Power||300W RMS|
|Woofer||8", high-excursion aluminum driver with dual 8” passive radiators|
|Driver Configuration||Single Driver with Dual Passive Radiators|
|Enclosure Type||Sealed and Internally Braced, 3/4" HDF|
|Dimensions||13.5" H x 12" W x 12" D (with feet attached)|
You might also like:
- The eternal problem solved - you want a sub that can deliver serious impact, but your significant other insists that size matters, and in this case smaller is much better. The 10D represents the best of both worlds!
- Get ready to rumble! If you've got a large room and a yen to pack it with sound so aggressive you push the walls out, bigger is better. We've bumped up the power on the 12D to 650 watts to make that happen. For the Big Daddy, we added a 12-inch aluminum down-firing driver to a pair of 12-inch aluminum side-firing passive radiators.